Any Regrets????

Doriam R.
on 7/22/05 11:36 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17
I am having the lap band procedure on Aug. 4 and I am very scared. Please share with me if you have any regrets??? Thanks for your response Doriam Reinhart Ph. 512-301-7654
Barb McGraw
on 7/23/05 5:36 am - Mount Hermon, CA
Lap Band on 05/18/05 with
Lap band is a piece of Cake. I had mine on May 18. I'm down 40 lbs, eat less, and recovery was very mild. Just do as you are told about eating, get a lot of liquid protein and first,a dn walk your butt off. You'll be fine.
Joan Z.
on 7/23/05 11:17 am - Clifton, NJ
Ditto to exactly what Barb said. I was banded 6/1/05. I am down 24 pounds. This was the best thing I have ever done. I was scared too, but now after 7 weeks, I think about where the time has gone. It seems so long ago and I am surprised at how well I have adjusted to this new lifestyle. Come on over to the Lap Band Forum, everyone there is wonderful. Joan
kingfish
on 7/25/05 2:54 am - Auckland New Zealand, New Zealand
My only regret now was that I waited so long to have it done. Like you I was scared (about the unknown) but doing my research and finding so many people who talked about their positive experiences really helped me realise that I was making the right decision. Marion
Jeanie
on 7/25/05 9:55 am - Piney woods, LA
No regrets. Frustrations, sure .. I am a bit of a slow loser; my journey has been set down in detail on my profile, which you are welcome to check out. (Are you are scared/concerned about the hospital experience? My experience is all on the profile .. I hope it helps put your mind at ease a bit.) However, this has been the ideal solution for me, and it is So Worth any frustration I have experienced. Best of luck to you, and DO check out the LapBand board. They can answer any questions you have.
Katrina W.
on 7/28/05 12:40 pm - Clarksville, TN
Doriam, I had my gastric bypass 14 months ago and have lost 125 lbs. I can say that this was the best thing I have ever done in my life. Just always keep in mind, that it is just a tool. You will still have to watch what you eat and exercise but I can say it has been wonderful for me. I am healthier that I have been in 20 years. I look forward to going to the pool with my grandchildren and watching them grow up. I really think that it probably saved my life. If I had to do it over again, I would probably do it. Katrina W.
misha
on 7/31/05 8:09 am - peoria, IL
The only regret I have is that I wished I had done this when I was 258 pounds instead of 358 pounds! I am now down to 245 and I wish that my slowdown didn't happen until I was below 200, but it's ok.
shrinkingviolet
on 7/31/05 6:59 pm - chicago, IL
Lap Band on 07/18/05 with
Girl I had surgery on the 18th. To my amazement I had very little pain. I have 2 children and once had a pnumonia. Those were much worse than the Lap band surgery. I don't know if it was all the prayers or pain medication I received but by the grace of God the only pain I had was shoulder pain. My regret is not doing this 2 years ago when I could of. I will pray for you. I am sure will will be just fine. May God Bless you and Guide you through this time Donna
Bonnie R.
on 7/31/05 10:58 pm - Amarillo, TX
No regrets at all!!
Kaylynne
on 8/1/05 9:47 am - ~, WA
Hi Doriam! I just had my band placed 3 days ago. I'm still in some pain, but can tell you, even now, I have no regrets! I was sooooo scared a few days before. I thought for sure that I'd chicken out the morning of and go home, but I didn't and I'm so glad! Hang in there. Email me if you want to talk ever.... Good luck for a speedy recovery!! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views