Any DS regrets?

AmandaID
on 8/18/05 4:03 pm - Shoshone, ID
Again, like the revision message board, I don't see many people regretting the DS! I guess that's a good sign! Are there those of you out there who just don't post? I'm planning on having the DS in December. I am going to Brazil to Dr. Marchesini since I have to self-pay (however, after all my research on him, I think I would go to him anyway -- he's great!). My insurance will cover some toward the RNY, and none toward the DS. I'm not willing to settle for the RNY. I want a better quality of life after WLS! However, I'd still like to know if anyone who has had the DS regrets it? And if so, why? Thanks in advance! ~Amanda
T S.
on 8/21/05 10:03 pm - Athens, OH
NO regrets here!!!! It was the best choice, with the best record, and the best history of losing MORE weight and keeping it off. My cousin has had a RNY just about a year ago and is gaining steadily. Never SETTLE for what you know isn't right for you! Best wishes, Tonya
IPlayPiano
on 11/23/05 12:38 pm - Ventura County, CA
Tonya, Hijack! WHere've you been? I've been missing ya...come back, girl. Let us know how you're doing. Warmest regards, Fern B.
Michael B.
on 9/14/05 3:39 am - Kingsland, GA
I am a 44 year old male. I lost my goal of 134 lbs. in my first 8 months. I had some issues with monstrous foul gas/diarrhea - I assumed they were part of the price I had to pay...but, now I am on a daily dose of flagyl and that problem has been relieved (thank the Lord, it really was bad). I have maintained my weight for 2 1/2 months now (172 - 174) - but I eat ALL the time. I am always hungry - I live like one of those people you know who have a really fast metabolism, eat all the time, go, go, go, never put on a pound. That's the new me. I run on a regular basis, have energy to burn, make love like I did when I was 20 ...hope that's not too much information, but I honestly had no idea what an impact my weight had been having on me in that area - the wife is till adjusting ;) I am really happy, eat pretty much everything, went from 46-48 pants to 30's & 31's. From 3X shirts to mediums. My feet don't hurt. God has blessed me. I wish the same for you. Mike
Nancy Degenmeister
on 9/20/05 7:29 pm - Bergen County, NJ
You will find some regrets from DS on the OSSG-gone_wrong group on yahoogroups.com. Nancy 394/260/180
pepperboy
on 11/9/05 6:26 am - oxnard, CA
there are are regrets w/ every surgery. wls is not a perfect cure to what ails us....just do lots of research....sometimes things just go wrong, in the big picture, my opinion....life is one big crap shoot...excuse the pun. I'm 4 years out on 11/27....have had ups and downs, the ups outweigh the downs. looking for perfection? it doesn't exist, that's a sure recipe for disappointment and failure. have heard excellant things about dr. m....i think you're in good hands although, in california i know blue cross started approving ds again. at least i know a few of dr. k's patients in delano started getting approved. why not look him up, just out of curiousity? anyways....good luck.....annie
IPlayPiano
on 11/23/05 12:46 pm - Ventura County, CA
Amanda, I had the DS in November of last year. I've lost 100 pounds. I'm happy as a clam. The "gossip" you hear about the DS just isn't true. My gas is minimal and totally controllable depending on what I'm eating. The smell is manageable with taking some Pro-biotics (acidophilus, bifido bacterium, etc.) that's the good bacteria our gut needs to process the food we eat. And other than that, it was the single best thing I've ever done...and I'm no spring chicken (I'll be 56 next month.) Come to the DS board and talk to some of us and you'll see for yourself. Let me know if I can answer any questions via my email. Good luck. The MOST important thing I've learned on this journey is to ask lots of questions...and then ask some more. Best regards, Fern B. 267/167/150 (who knows?)
Laurie LOVES her DS
on 11/24/05 11:08 am - Southern, CA
Amanda, NO REGRETS!! I am one year out on the 30th of November and down almost 100 pounds. No diarrhea, no vitamin deficiencies... and I just got back from a relatives house where they all marveled at how "normally" I could eat at Thanksgiving Dinner. I had a small portion of EVERYTHING, even pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream! Best of luck with your DS... I hear Marchesini is excellent! Laurie in So Calif DS 11/30/04 Dr. Gary Anthone/Omaha NE
joubyscottbrown
on 3/10/06 11:50 pm - franklin, VA
What does DS stand for I am preop and considering doing the Rou and Y
Terri B.
on 3/13/06 2:19 am - St. Louis, MO
Hi! I just saw this post and wanted to get back to you. The DS is the Duodenal Switch. If you look on the forums page at Surgery Type, you will see Duodenal Switch and you can click on the Message Board. You will find lots of people who are more than happy to help you with any information you need. I had my surgery 3 months ago and have lost 65 lbs. Good luck! Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views