Again...

Diane G.
on 8/25/05 9:57 am - Smithtown, NY
RNY on 07/25/05 with
For those of you who have taken a gander at my profile, you know that I had some complications after surgery, namely a drain infection which spread across my abdomen, and landed me in the hospital for four days. When I came home, I was on augmentin for a week, and have felt great for the past two weeks. Not anymore. I had a small localized pain in my left side beginning on Tuesday night, which has now spread across my abdomen, reaching all the way toward my belly button. This is the same type of pain that I felt the second time I was in the hospital, however much worse at this point. I went to my pcp today and she called my surgeon personally to make me an appointment for tomorrow morning since I refused the ER. It seems that whenever I am within a mile of a hospital, I end up there for a few days...I am not doing that again unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. However, my surgeon is at some bariatric conference in Holland and won't be back for another two weeks, so I have to see someone who knows nothing about me. Anyway, my white count came out elevated today, so my Dr. wrote me a script for augmentin just to get started on before i see the surgeon tomorrow. I don't know what to do...all I keep thinking is that had I just never gone to such extreems as surgery then I would be fine right now. I had no co-morbidities, and honestly, not much weight to lose. Will this ever get any better? It just seems like one complication after another that sets me back again. I am already a month out today, this shouldn't be happening. It affects every aspect of my life greatly as I feel like I am never going to get better...one thing after another...
Rubberfacedmama
on 8/25/05 11:52 pm - Belle Plaine, MN
I hope things get better for you. You are young and strong and you will be ok. Just ride with the tide and you'll be better soon. I'll be praying for you. Try to think positively, that always helps for me. You have youth on your side, and you also have the fact that you didn't have any co-morbities. Make sure you are getting enough rest, and drink protein shakes if you can, they helped me to get the protein I needed, and your body needs it right now if you can stomach it. Keep your chin up! God Bless you!
Lynda D.
on 11/29/05 12:53 pm - Provo, UT
Could it be an abscess? Two years ago I had a bladder and bowel repair. VERY routine surgery. My OB/GYN has done this thousands of times. I bled like crazy on the table. Became anemic, continued to be sick and in pain for about four weeks after the surgery. When, finally, it was discovered I had three abscesses (pockets of infection). I spent seven days in the hospital, had to have them cut out which meant a huge incision. They tried to drain the things but they had congeled. Sorry to be so gross but I'm trying to make the point that ANY surgery can go wrong. I'm one of those patients my doctor will never forget. Check to see if your temperature is high. That's how they finally figured out about my abscesses. If your temp is high ask if you could have an abscess. It will get better. Be patient. Lynda D.
cimm8439
on 2/9/06 11:49 pm - Miami, FL
"I had no co-morbidities, and honestly, not much weight to lose." You referenced that you did not have a significant amount of weight to loose, you also mentioned no co-morbidities. I hope you get to feel better soon, but why did you have this done to begin with?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views