another stricture question

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 8:01 am - on the border, MA
I was banded on 11/28 and have done well, up till last week I started becoming very uncomfortable eating, I resorted to sticking with mushies. Tuna and chicken swallow like a pine cone OUCH! Anyhow, I have had coffee, a banana, unjury, and water. I tried some chicken but felt like it is just getting stuck, with a slow sip of liquid and its like a plunger feeling. A lot of pain and pressure. Is this a possible sign of stricture?
star .
on 2/5/06 10:28 am - OK
if you were banded then no its not a stricture. you cant get strictures banded; you can be 'overfilled' and need some taken out.
Robin B.
on 2/5/06 12:21 pm - Harrodsburg, KY
Banders do not get strictures the way RNYers do. A stricture is caused by scar tissue forming around the RNY stoma causing it to close up. If you are having that pain than it is more than likely caused by a couple of things. Could be that you aren't chewing well enough or your bites are too big. Could also be that you are eating a little too much OR it could be that you are simply too tight. Try cutting your chicken into pinky nail sized pieces and chewing really well. If the meat is too dry it could also cause this feeling. If cutting your meat in tiny pieces, chewing well and eating slowly doesn't solve the problem then maybe a small unfill is in order. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views