knee replacement prior to age 60?

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/12 8:53 am - OH
 I was told that my knee need to be replaced and that i was to young I am only 33....i dont think i could wait that long eathier it is not good......So i am not sure what i can do
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/13 4:35 am, edited 4/17/13 4:35 am

Hello Friends,

This is John here new to this site. After the insertion of an artificial hip or knee joint is increased in the blood vessels for a time the risk of clots. These clots (medical: thrombus) may then be washed away with the blood flow and block at another location in the body of a blood vessel. Most clots but are metabolized by the body so quickly that they do not cause any discomfort. Sometimes, however, occur in the weeks following joint replacement surgery symptomatic "thromboembolism," for example in the lungs and inside of the leg arterial system (known as deep vein). For prevention of thrombosis, leading to discomfort, there are several medications available. Within 12 to 24 hours after kneereplacement surgery After a hip replacement, it should be taken 32 to 38 days after a kneereplacement 10 to 14 days.

kneereplacement

phylagain
on 5/14/13 10:03 pm

I always tell people find a 2nd 3rd or even 4th opinion. From a surgery I had 4 yrs ago, I have no cartilage in my left knee and I've been bone-on-bone ever since. All he wanted to do was give me the usual shots. My tendons are giving me big problems, and they get pinched or caught in the bones I think. My knee stays stiff most of the time. I finally left him by getting a referral from my regular physician to a new ortho surgeon. *HE* agrees with me that I need a replacement. I see him today to finalize everything. I'm 47. I lost 4 year of quality life. I am excited to get my life back!
Good luck.

Phyllis in SC

sdcmmc13
on 9/11/13 12:17 am

Holly2212, I had my surgery (Bi-lateral Knee Replacements) done back in 2008 I was 52 yrs old. My surgeon who by the way is not a hack-knew I had been dealing with the pain for 7 yrs...he did have me wait until I was over 50, so I think it's time you looked for a new surgeon. I believe it is a decision you and your surgeon should make together to get you relief...this surgeon you have now seems to have a lack of compassion and concern about your health and well being!!!  Hang in there and find someone else to assess your needs. God bless and best wishes in your endeavors.

sonshine1014
on 11/29/13 5:11 am
I am 51 and finally got a surgeon who did a partial replacement and it has made so much difference
mjd2013
on 1/1/14 11:14 pm

Hi,

I'm in the same boat at 44 years old. It's awful. For those of you that have found local good surgeons willing to consider your condition (versus age) can you share that information so those of us still searching can find somebody? I'm in so much pain and already on a walker. The next step is a wheelchair and I have little ones. It's hard.

Thanks,

MJ

leea100
on 8/24/14 11:18 pm

I am desperate in Ohio to find someone to replace my knee, I'm 35 I've saw 3 docs, its bone on bone, I have no life. This is a result of a work accident.it hurts all the time, I can't walk far, sleep. Its depressing. No doc will do it because I'm 35, ill out live it, which I could care less.anyone ever hear of any orthopedic docs who treat young ppl? I've tried I was a children's hospital with no luck.

esp1823
on 8/5/09 9:26 am

I am 52 and planning on having knee replacement this year after losing 50 lbs and on my way to accomplish this goal. I too have met 2 surgeons who also said lose the weight. My first surgeon was right on the money giving me an estimated time of wear. I am going with this surgeon because he is right loosing weight and keeping it off the new knees will last longer.  It has been a fighting battle to lose the weight but I need too for my quality of life and my new knees. I am doing the shake diet under medical supervision and increase activity.  I do outside work for a living and having a pain free drudging thru the snow will feel wonderful. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 96 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2332 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3540 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4804 views