Confused and Moody

* Amanda *.
on 12/3/08 2:33 am - Chicago, IL

Hey there, Now you know I am new at this but I feel like answering anyway.

1. Did your insides feel different after surgery?
 I am still in the healing phase and since my surgery was open I can feel my insides healing where they were cut. Other than that I don't feel any different.
2. What's the best way for a newbie to get their water in?
My mother bought me this cooler to set my bottles of water in. I carry it around with me all day so my water stays cool and just sip on it all day. I am getting in about 2-3 bottles in right now.
3. I'm feeling really moody...how long is this going to last?
I am still in the moody phase, going to talk to my shrink about it next week. I am so moody that I wrote a kinda mean letter to my son's teacher this morning. I probably should have waited to write it.
4. I found myself crying this morning for no reason. Is this side effects of sugar/carb withdrawal?????
Not sure about this one.
5. Is RNY pain worse than a hysterectomy or C-section?
I have never had either surgery and I may be a bit biased because my surgery was done open. Since you are having it done lap it probably won't be as painful as you think. My first surgery was done lap and was not very painful at all.

Its_My_Season
on 12/3/08 4:11 am - IL
Thanks for responding.

I really am curious to know what my insides will feel like. This is my biggest concern. I'll call you later on tonight.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 3:51 am
Hello Angelette...Didn't I tell you to get off the boards and to get to work? You are going to be on an emotional roller coaster until the day of surgery and you won't be the first person to cry in preop or the recovery room either.

WHOOSAAAHHH
Biggie Smalls
on 12/3/08 5:19 am - Chocolate City, DC
Hey Lady

1. Did your insides feel different after surgery?Only if I drank something hot or too cold or when I introduced new foods.  it woudl make a rumbling noise.  But now I feel like my old self unless I eat too much then I get the tightness in my belly.
2. What's the best way for a newbie to get their water in?Like everyone else said, sip, sip, sip, sip sip and keep a water bottle with you so you can sip
3. I'm feeling really moody...how long is this going to last? Can't answer this one for you as I didn't get moody
4. I found myself crying this morning for no reason. Is this side effects of sugar/carb withdrawal?????
5. Is RNY pain worse than a hysterectomy or C-section? Actually RNY was soooo much better than the C-section.  I felt no pain at all after surgery other than the gas the first night.  I didn't even use the pain meds the Dr gave me. 

I was once a mess!!  My mess is now my message!! WLS saves lives!!  I'm living proof!

mstanyat
on 12/3/08 5:59 am
1. Did your insides feel different after surgery?
yea my stomach was grumbling all the time but as far as pain  there was none just a feeling like an empty pit.
2. What's the best way for a newbie to get their water in?
I'm 1 week post op and i am still working on that it is hard. but i will repeat sip sip sip, the worst thing you can do is gulp, it will be painful if you drink too fast
3. I'm feeling really moody...how long is this going to last?
havent been moody
Dont know what that's from but I did find myself a little emotional the other day, and i had to stop and say to myself wth are u cryin?
5. Is RNY pain worse than a hysterectomy or C-section?
i had no pain, like literally in the past week i think i used my pain meds twice, and that was the first night i came home. Lots of discomfort from all the air they put in your belly

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 219 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1155 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2077 views