Bariatric Foodie got a facelift!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/18/11 2:20 am - Baltimore, MD

Well…that’s probably not accurate. BF is not quite old enough to NEED a facelift. She got an EXTREME MAKEOVER!!!

With that extreme makeover some things are a’changing on the blog and how you can interact with it.

If you already read Bariatric Foodie, thanks so much! Please check the blog out to find out how you can continue to receive notices and information in the way that you have been doing.

If you don’t currently read Bariatric Foodie, why not??? There are tons of recipes for everything from protein shakes to desserts to drool worthy, protein-packed, ooey, gooey cheesy, creamy, spicy, savory, down home good food on there!  Get with the program!!!

Check out www.bariatricfoodie.com and be sure to let me know what you think of the digs.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Amy W.
on 3/6/12 11:36 am - Buckeye, AZ
I really want to try your "Spaghetti Squash Alfredo a la Nik" but I'm soooo intimidated to roast a spaghetti squash!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/6/12 9:25 pm - Baltimore, MD
How in the WORLD did you come upon this post six months later??? LOL!

Well to address what you said my method is basically this:

1. Turn oven on 350
2. Put squash, uncut, in baking pan with water and cover
3. Bake 40 minutes
4. Let cool, cut open then scoop

But if you'd like an even easier method, some folks like to microwave theirs. You don't even really have to add the water, I just find the moisture helps the texture of the inside along a bit. If you microwave, though, I'm not sure how long for. I've always done the oven method. Gives me time to prep and make my sauce and everything is done and hot at the same time.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

donna450
on 8/16/13 10:03 pm - FL
On March 7, 2012 at 5:25 AM Pacific Time, Cleopatra_Nik wrote:
How in the WORLD did you come upon this post six months later??? LOL!

Well to address what you said my method is basically this:

1. Turn oven on 350
2. Put squash, uncut, in baking pan with water and cover
3. Bake 40 minutes
4. Let cool, cut open then scoop

But if you'd like an even easier method, some folks like to microwave theirs. You don't even really have to add the water, I just find the moisture helps the texture of the inside along a bit. If you microwave, though, I'm not sure how long for. I've always done the oven method. Gives me time to prep and make my sauce and everything is done and hot at the same time.
I've always heard this was very good what is the rest of the instruction if making spaghetti squash?
I'm new to the site I haven't been banded yet...7 days. But am getting to as many sites and ideas as I can. I want to make this work so healthy is the key word. I am 63. It's going to be hard to revamp at this point in time but will give it my best shot. Thanks for all the good ideas.
Most Active