Was just diagnosed

beh4440
on 8/8/06 5:07 pm - Portland, OR
I just found out I have colon cancer. The tumor was big (not sooo big after biopsy) and do to my size they aren't sure whether they want to do surgery at all. They think I'm a poor surgical risk. Has any one else been through this? What happened? Bev :snif:
kathy C.
on 9/10/06 2:01 pm - Equality, IL
Hi Beverly. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I had surgery due to colon cancer in 2001. I had chemo for several months but it was a mild form so I didn't lose my hair & had little nausea. My biggest complications were diarrhea & a major depression. I felt there was no hope. i weighed nearly 350 at the time of surgery. I still take one day at a time but things look brighter now. All my recent tests have been good. I had Rny in June of 2005 & weighed in @ 177 this am. I feel much better & am much more mobile. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Best of luck! Kathy C.
cheryl D.
on 12/26/07 5:19 pm - bellingham, WA
I hope by now you have had sur.  My mother is very over weight and in her late 70's.  They did surg. after my brother just about jumped down thier throats.  She is 3 years out and still kicking and doing well.  If they have not done anything get new Dr. fight!!!!!!!
Most Active