Tamoxifin and Gastric bypass surgery

labugmom
on 4/9/07 3:24 am - mooresville, NC
Can I still have gastric bypass surgery and take Tamoxifin? I have atypical ductal hyperplasia found in microcalcifications that were biopsied through stereotactic needle biopsy. i am having a surgical biopsy the 13th of April. The radiologist suggested taking the Tamoxifin as a precaution even though I do not have cancer. My wls will be scheduled soon and I am worried they will say you can't have it. Help?? Please need PRAYERS! labugmom
seasheleyes
on 4/21/07 5:08 pm - Manteca, CA

I don't know about Tamoxifin, but I'm going on to an aromatose inhibiter following radiation and I was told that WLS was still OK after some healing time. I have been told that Tamoxifin is not a good choice since I still have my uterus.

David147
on 7/3/15 10:55 pm

Some people its an only option. Imagine your weight 500 pounds, you live in your bed, you cant bathe or go to the bathroom by yourself, it hurts to walk because the weight is too much for your hips, knees, ankles, etc. You have to loose 200 pounds or you could die any day. 

For you to loose weight you have to eat right and exercise too. Sometimes eating right does not help enough or the exercise is next to impossible. With gastric bypass there are 2 methods. 1 is the gap band which shrinks the stomach to smaller size so eating 2 tablespoons makes you feel full and you stop eating, which turns body fat into energy. 2nd is bypass which they basically connect the esophagus to your intestines..

Teresa Leffew
on 4/30/07 9:03 pm - SALISBURY, NC
Who is doing the WLS? I think I would ask the DR or his nurses. How did the Biopsy go? By the way I am from Mt Ulla. Noticed you are from Mooresville so just thought I would ask. I had my surgery on April 16th by Dr Pirilleo in Concord.
Teresa
Teresa Leffew
Most Active