Mastectomy

lmcc725
on 11/10/09 12:47 pm - Scranton, PA
I am sure this has been posted before but haven't seen it yet? I had Breast cancer , followed by 4 rounds of chemo. From there I had a bilateral mastectomy, with immediate reconstruction and silicone implants  I am just wondering considering I have largest implants they put in breast cancer patients(800cc total) what it looked like after weight loss. I am imaging my chest looking extremely large (maybe hoping too). I am just wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I still have alot of aches in the chest area....any other input?
                 Lynn      HW-237/SW-225.8/GW-130   
    I already Kicked Cancer's Ass...
jillagin2000
on 11/18/09 9:09 am
yay! finally a question I can answer.  I had a mastectomy 6 years ago and got my breasts reconstructed a year ago when I weighed 278.  I weigh just under 170 now and my largest implants are 36Cs now and if I lose this last 25 lbs they'll be D's.  However they don't sag and don't bounce.  I'm happy with them.

310/285/164/145
Highest/Surgery #1/Current/GOAL

lmcc725
on 11/18/09 11:29 am - Scranton, PA
Awesome, I was beginning to think that I was alone. Thanks, so may I ask you "did you have wls after reconstruction as well?" So no complications?
jillagin2000
on 11/22/09 11:20 pm
I did have my RNY after reconstruction.  I suspect that I would choose smaller implants if I were doing it at my current weight.  Not too much smaller and I'm still happy enough with the size I have.  I have had no complications with the RNY or the reconstruction.  I was boobless for almost 5 years before I opted for reconstruction so my chest was all healed before I started that process.  I'm also happy I had implants instead of autologous flap reconstruction.  They may not look as real as flap reconstruction would but they are perkier LOL

310/285/164/145
Highest/Surgery #1/Current/GOAL

lmcc725
on 11/22/09 11:45 pm - Scranton, PA
Thank you so much. My PS is already talking about after weight loss, trans flap. The only perk is tummy tuck. My I am afraid, having had implants and all, like you said I haven't worn a bra in 3 yrs and thrilled about it. I am also afraid of the skin not taking (organ failure) . But, I have lots of time to think about this, you know who.... wants another unnecessary surgery ? Lets see what this tummy looks like after weight loss.  Thanks for your input It is greatly appreciated.   -Lynn
kylee
on 5/12/10 10:26 pm
It's not gonna sag since it's just an implant. Sagging goes with fats and skin if weight loss occurs. Good luc****ep healthy.
Health is important!

Most Active