Hi! Indiana Breast Cancer Survivor here (-:

Shirley M.
on 7/16/05 1:37 pm - Clinton, IN
My name is Shirley and I am hoping to have the RNY done at the very latest, by the first of the year. I am on Medicaid so they make you jump through alot of hoops. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March of 2004 , had a mastectomy, chemo and radiation. Still have some of the effects of treatment, but getting better everyday. My oncologist is all in favor of me having the surgery because I'm 5 foot 8 and 370lbs and he said that obesity is a risk factor for cancer, especially breast cancer. I'm glad I found this site because it's nice to have somewhere to go to talk with people who know what you have been through and what you are going through. Everyone have a great evening.
maryd
on 8/13/05 10:48 am - Arlington, VA
Hi Shirley. My breast cancer was in 1986, my WLS in 2004. I'm doing fine, and am so thankful for all that I have. I'm a 64-year-old grandmother of 8. I know your life has been a roller coaster for the last year and a half, and I'm so glad you are now able to look ahead. Best wishes to you on your journey.
PatG
on 3/18/06 4:12 am - Sault Ste Marie, MI
HI, I know how you feel. In April of 2000 I had a lumpectomy on my left breast. One month later I had a second surgery to remve additional tissue and the lymph nodes under my left arm. I had 5 weeks of radiation therapy. I was put on Tamoxifin to help prevent a reoccurence. After almost 4 yrs on Tamoxifin I developed a blood clot which went to my lung. At my last mamogram a lump showed up on my right breast. I went back for a spot compression mamogram, lump showed again. Had an ultrasound, lump showed again. So now I have to have it biopsied. Its hard to get past the fright. I hope and pray that things work out for you. Pat G
Most Active