Good morning. Anybody there?

Pegtrala
on 12/8/05 10:27 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi everybody. If you're reading this, you either have/had cancer, or you know someone who does. Either way, it's really good to have a support system where you can talk about your feelings. I hope others post to this message board because I think we could do some good here for each other. It has been almost 4 months since I had my second open RNY, and I'm feeling better each day. My surgeon has now released me back to the care of my internist who says that I won't need to have any more tests until next spring. At that time, I will have an upper endoscopy to see how my new pouch is doing and will also have a CAT scan. I feel so blessed that I have not had to have chemo or radiation during this process. Life is good. So how are you doing? Peg
Valr1
on 12/12/05 4:59 am - Richmond, VA
Hi Peg, So happy to hear you are feeling better each day! I read your profile and God Bless you for taking the step to change your life and congratulations on the weight loss thus far. I have not yet had the surgery but plan to have the Lap-Band in February 06. This coming March, I will be a 5 year cancer survivor of multiple myeloma, an incurable blood cancer. I'm looking forward to a better quality of life and I am encouraged to know there are others out there who were/are facing serious illnesses who have taken the step that I wish to take. I wish you the best and keep going!! Val R.
Pegtrala
on 12/15/05 2:31 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Val. Thanks for writing. I have not every heard of multiple myeloma. How are you doing? What kind of treatments do you have, if you don't mind my asking? I think it's great that you are going to have Lap-Band surgery in February. Do keep me posted on your progress. Take care, and keep in touch! Peg
Most Active