Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Scarlet_Phoenix_Risin
g

on 2/17/06 7:44 am - EXPORT, PA
Hello everyone, I am 32 years old and just started the process of applying to have lap band surgery. I was diagnosed in April of 2005 with Ovarian cancer but I am now cancer free. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Have a great weekend!! Karen S
Pegtrala
on 2/20/06 9:52 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Karen. I'm glad you posted. Good luck with your application. I hope you have smooth sailing getting approved. I too just wanted to say hello. Peg
Pegtrala
on 2/27/06 10:02 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Karen. When did you say is your doctor's appointment? I need to schedule to see my gastroenterologist so that I can have an endoscopy sometime this spring. April 27th will mark my 2nd anniversary since my stomach cancer surgery. Pretty amazing. I'm going to go by that date when I count how many years I have been cancer free rather than my second surgery last August when they found suspicious cells but no cancer. I'm still dragging a bit, but I know that will continue until I get my iron levels back to normal. I will also go in and have bloodwork before I see my internist the end of March. Busy, busy, busy! Take care. Do keep posting to this message board. Okay? Peg
Scarlet_Phoenix_Risin
g

on 2/27/06 9:44 pm - EXPORT, PA
My appointment is March 16th. April 12th is my one year anniversary for my ovarian cancer surgery. Time flies doesn't it? I was never anemi****il my very last chemo treatment when they gave me the shot. I still don't have all of my energy back but it is coming back in incriments. Have a great week!
Pegtrala
on 2/28/06 3:35 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Karen. Sounds like April is the month for surgeries. My two year anniversary is April 27th. I'm still working on the anemia thing too. I'm hoping that the next set of labs will be normal. We'll see. I see my pcp the end of March. I need to call and schedule with my gastroenterologist for sometime in April. I think I'll go do that right now. You have a great week too. Peg
JoniB
on 6/23/06 4:54 am - Cape Girardeau, MO
I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in December, and had surgery in January. I've been through six chemo treatments. My last cat scan came back clear, and my exam was clean, but my CA-125 went up from 70 to 80. My doctor decided to watch my levels, and give me Avastin from the drug study I'm on, and not chemo last week. If my levels keep going up, he's going to try a different kind of chemo, but I hope it was just a blip on the radar. How long did it take for your hair to grow back after chemo? I have peach fuzz now. I had RNY Lap two years ago, and lost 145 pounds and am at goal. Good luck to you, both on your remission, and your lap band surgery. Joni
Scarlet_Phoenix_Risin
g

on 6/23/06 4:59 am - EXPORT, PA
My hair started to grow back exactly 4 weeks after my last chemo treatment. It was as if my body was waiting for my next chemo treatment after 3 weeks and, when it didn't happen, it gave the ok for my hair to grow back I am sorry that you are having problems. I am glad that the cat scan came back clear. Our CA-125 can jump up and down for a while because of the chemo. Congrats on the weight loss as well. I will be sending prayers and happy thoughts to you Karen
RoseZ
on 6/29/07 12:49 pm - Orland Hills, IL
Hopefullly this will give you strength:  I am a 22 year Ovarian Cancer surviror. I was only 30 when diagnosed (stage 2B) and had two surguries and 4 months of chemo. I've been cancer free since. Now that I'm starting on my journey of researching WLS (I have 100 pounds) to lose, one concern on my mind is whether I will be able to undergo any type of laproscopic surgery. I had to have my gallbladder removed 9 years ago and the surgeons attempted to do a laproscopic procedure, but were not able to get to my gallbladder due to scarring caused by earlier surgeries. I certainly don't want to undergo another "open" procedure, so I'm a little worried. Any advice?
doo
on 3/28/07 8:43 am
Hi Joni,   I'm from Jackson, Mo.  Is there any Dr's in Cape that does the lap-band surgery? Congrats to you for your weight loss and your remission! doo 
tigris
on 8/6/07 3:07 pm
Hi Joni, I hope you are doing well! I was wondering how did you know that you had ovarian cancer? I have some thickening of the endometrium and two big fibroid tumors on my uterus. Can you share anything with me? I sure do appreciate this. Thank You Kindly! Robin
Most Active