Recurrence of Malignant Melamona

FabulousBand
on 3/15/06 6:34 am - Kountze, TX
For two months, I had new lumps under my right axilla & one on my right forearm not far from the primary site. I went to my family doctor & they put me on antibodies to see if infection will go away but no change. I had ultrasound and biopsy tests and it turned out that the ultrasound showed the enlarged nodes. The biopsy results came positive as it is malignant melanoma in nodes. Right now, I am in process to have MRI, X Rays & Cat Scan to check out if it spreads out to other organs this Friday on March 17, 2006 & get the results maybe next week and will go to MD Anderson for follow up what I need to do next. I had Malignant melanoma on my right forearm in Aug 2004 & had it removed at MDA and same time for SNB for nodes and they took 2 out and it came clear. No treatments after surgery. Drs says I have very low chance of a recur. But it fooled drs and me. Boy, that BEAST is tricky & stubborn to give up. I be strong & faith with the Lord whatever He have plans for me. Yes, it is scary & can't trust Melanoma as it is very stubborn cancer. Patti Broussard
Pegtrala
on 3/25/06 4:12 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Patti. I just read your post and wanted you to know that I am praying for you. Do let us know how you're doing. Peg
JOANNFV
on 2/19/08 12:51 pm - SWARTZ CREEK, MI

dear patti, just saw this posting from 2006.hope all is well.i came to this forum through a suggesion from another forum site participant.i had a malignant melanoma in my left eye in oct 2005 and had to have my left eye removed.so far no spread,but checked annually.i'm getting ready to have gastric bypass,and the hospital i was going with now says they can't do because too soon after melanoma,and that due to nutritional malabsorption after surgery,could spawn any dormant cancer cells in my body according to their medical directors info.can't find any correlateing info anywhere.have you heard anything to that effect? thanks for any info you have.  joann

Most Active