Anyone have revision from proximal to distal gb?

Suzanne H.
on 5/4/12 3:38 am - Warminster, PA

I don't come on very often.  At my 6 month mark I had lost 62 lbs.  I do not get on the scale often so don't know what I lost this month.   The scale is not my friend so I try to avoid it.  I got very little support & a lot of criticism from this board for my choice in having this operation. I think people don't know as much about it as they think they do.  Trust your doctor. As you know everyones experience will be different.  Here is mine.

Bad
I have bowel movements all the time 3 a day at least & 2 in the middle of the night.  It is not based on what I eat as some people tell me on here.  I have to take a stool softner daily to avoid hemrhoids which I have never had before.
I hate all the vitamins we have to take.
I am very low on protein & my doctor said this is serious.  I have 3 months to improve or he is putting me a medicine that will help me abosorb protein & carbs better, which will mean I will stop losing weight or even gain. I will have to take it until my level improves.
I eat less now then I did 1 month out after the operation.  Just not as hungry.  I don't like protein shakes. I do try to eat a lot of proteins but this operation makes it harder for your body to asorb.

Good
Diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea all gone, not to mention the 62 lbs.  I'd like to lose another 62.

Bad or Good depends on how you look at it
I have a hernia that will have to be removed. doc says wait another year & half until my weight stablizes so I can get tummy tuck at the same time.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/12 5:27 am - WA
Thank you for being so open with me. I agree with you about some people on this board. I was on this board in 2008 and if I had made a mistake or bad judgment about the choice of food I ate I posted it to get support and instead 2-3 people just berated me and made me feel like crap which in turn was not good for me. It went on until I just quit this website. This time around I encountered a couple of "doctors without degrees" who like to be all judgmental about why I want a revision. But after doing a check of thier past posts it turns out they too had the same reasons for getting thier revisions back in the day. So don't feel alone in thinking there are some B***Hs on this site. can I ask you what caused your weight gain before your revision. Mine was constant eating of comfort food from depression (dealt with). Afraid surgeon will say no to revision because I ate my weight up.
Suzanne H.
on 5/4/12 8:55 am - Warminster, PA
My weight gain was caused by several factors.

1.  I had two beautiful children starting 2 years after my surgery. (reason I initially wanted the surgery, was scared my weight would make it too dangerous or difficult on pregnancy)
2.  The "tube" that went into my stomach/pouch was way too long, so I never felt a feeling of fulfillment (or hunger) 6 months into the operation because my pouch was being bypassed & never filled as it was suppose to.  I was told my new pouch was being used as more of a tunnel than anything.  This is the reason that insurance agreed to pay for my surgery the second time.
3.  Poor eating habits returned, eating at bed time & I became a grazer & carbs, carbs carbs when I became disgusted that I wasn't able to lose more weight.
Most Active