10 years post op, complaining for last 7 years or so about pains, now diagnosed with...

brown_eyed_girl_1981
on 10/7/16 12:06 pm

I am 10 years post op, maintaining weight. My surgeon is no longer doing surgeries. Since 2008 I have been seeing doctors at military hospitals with no help. I was told my blood sugar gets low. I went through a Vitamin D deficiency. Complained countless times about pains just below my left breast. Bowel problems (alternating between constipation, loose, and straight out liquid) I was always told it was "GAS" and sent on my way. I started noticing a pattern so when I would flair up with pain I would start a 14 day course of Prilosec otc.  Finally 8 years after my first bout of pain landed me in the Emergency Room I am seeing a primary doctor that seems to take me seriously. She sent me in for blood work and now I've been diagnosed with pre diabetes. How is that possible? I was told before my sugar gets low not high but my blood work shows me at 5.8 which is in the pre diabetes range. I was not diabetic prior to surgery.

Early out from surgery I couldn't keep regular milk down. I noticed a pattern with different foods that would make me feel gassy and miserable for days, so I began avoiding them. I always avoid foods with added sugar, I wont even use regular sweetened flavored coffee creamer. I avoid as much artificial chemical sweeteners as well and stick to stevia. I can't tolerate pasta at all (which I've now linked to gluten sensitivity)

About 5 years ago I complained to my husband that my eyes felt off, so he talked me into going to the eye doctor. My eyes had gotten so bad in the 5 years since I had my surgery that she had to prescribe me one eye glass prescription to use for a year before going back and getting the lenses I really needed. She asked me then if I was diabetic and I said no. Now I'm starting to wonder if this has been my issue all along. I'm not sure what to do at this point. so any suggestions are welcome.

♥Pam♥
RNY  8/16/06  Starting weight 262 / Current weight 152
ORIGINAL GOAL 160/ NEW GOAL 140   
Secondthoughts
on 8/17/18 8:39 pm

Hi, I see you posted this a few years ago and am wondering how you are doing today. I've had some of the same problems you had and then some. I'd like to chat and compare. Thanks

Most Active