Suture erosion?

Dewitney1
on 8/3/18 1:37 pm

So for the last 4 months I've been experiencing almost constant discomfort in my chest and almost everything I eat gets stuck. So I finally got in for an EGD yesterday and they determined that something has gone wrong with the sutures from my RNY almost 10 years ago! It seems as though somehow one of my sutures has come through the wall of my esophagus and it's creating like a clothes line straight across and my food keeps getting hung. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did they fix it?

hollykim
on 11/5/18 8:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 3, 2018 at 8:37 PM Pacific Time, Dewitney1 wrote:

So for the last 4 months I've been experiencing almost constant discomfort in my chest and almost everything I eat gets stuck. So I finally got in for an EGD yesterday and they determined that something has gone wrong with the sutures from my RNY almost 10 years ago! It seems as though somehow one of my sutures has come through the wall of my esophagus and it's creating like a clothes line straight across and my food keeps getting hung. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did they fix it?

they will have to go in surgically,sew off and remove the old suture and replace it with new suture.

Most Active