SCARED!

Pamela B.
on 10/29/04 12:53 am
I just found this section on the website. I am pre-op and am aware of the side effects. However, ysome of you guys have some pretty serious issues. Main question..... Did any of you have Dr. Spivak in Houston.
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/04 12:55 pm - Can't tell You!!!
Hi Pam Don't be scared be AWARE. If you see the times people post here are few and far between. Everyone is at risk of complications. Your sergeon's pre op testing will help him/her evaluate your helath so that they are aware and prepaed to deal with you. Take care. FR
s
on 10/30/04 8:58 am - Garland, TX
I am from the Dallas area, so I didn't use Dr. Spivak, but I did want to tell you that I had the lap band. Three weeks after surgery I had to have a port revision. Neither of the surgeries were without risk, but for me well worth what I have 8 weeks out. I have lost 35 lbs, and gained the ability to walk without pain, get on my knees and play with my grandson, buy smaller clothes, and shave my legs without losing my breath trying to bend over. Many times we get in a hurry to lose the weight that we have carried for years. Please take the time to ask questions about the surgeon, the number of surgeries he has done, check out the hospital and how informed are the hospital staff with WLS, check out the different types and talk to your doctor about them, decide which is best for you. Don't rush into WLS without being educated about pre op and post op. Ask, ask, ask, and read, read, read... then make an informed decision. Good luck!
Dmiles21
on 10/31/04 5:34 am - Louisville, KY
Try not to get alarmed Pam. Like FR says the complications postings are few and far between. My bf's doctor told him that gastric bypass had fewer complications than a tonsilectomy.It is hard to decide to have elective surgery ,like voluntering to risk your life, but It has been worth it for me. Just follow your doctors orders, and get as healthy as you can before surgery.
Most Active