Yeast infections - help!

Jamie A.
on 11/7/04 9:16 pm - Columbus, GA
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with vaginal yeast infections post-op. I am five months post op and have had 3 since surgery. It seems like as soon as I finish the medication, it will come back in about a week. I haven't had this problem before and have only had 1 other yeast infection like 10 years ago. Is it related to gastric bypass? Has any one else dealt with this? Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thank you.
ibelong2randall
on 11/8/04 10:01 am - Meridian, MS
I will be 2 months post-op 11/20/04 and I have already had a yeast infection and then turned around and got a urinary tract infection. I don't know what is up with this after GBS. ~Jo~
Peggy B
on 11/9/04 5:42 am - Bedford, TX
WELL!! I am so glad to see I am not crazy! I have had almost constant yeast infection or at least they seem constant.......at least every 2-3 weeks since my surgery. I will have to admit they do seem to be getting better now after 2 yrs. I asked my surgeon about this and he said that it shouldn't be from the surgery that infact I should have less if I had them prior to surgery. I rarely had one prior to surgery. I think it has something to do with our body going into starvation mode and now that I am 2 yrs out they are starting to go away. All I can figure out is once you reach goal as I have your nurtrition and body has gotten into a rountine so they improve. At least I am keeping my fingers crossed! They are such pain!
Jamie A.
on 11/9/04 6:01 am - Columbus, GA
Thanks for your response. Don't know if I can deal with this for 2 years!! LOL. I have yet to talk to my surgeon about it, but I got a few good responses on the main message board and have started eating yougurt daily and taking another supplement called acidophilus. I am really hoping this will help.
emmalousmom
on 11/21/04 3:43 am - Wawa, Canada
hi there, what kind of symptoms have you been having, have you had your doctor do swabs down there, sometimes you can have a bacterial vaginosis that needs to be treated differently than a yeast infection. Louise
Most Active