T2D is gone but not high cholesterol

AnniesSS
on 11/22/12 9:37 am
RNY on 09/11/12
Although I'm thrilled that my type-2 diabetes has gone into remission my endocrinologist informed me that my cholesterol is at 286 I'm really bummed and hoped I wouldn't have to go on meds but it seems that I might have inherited my mothers ability to make bad cholesterol. Fortunately my good cholesterol is great.

Just needed to vent. Thanks!
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/22/12 9:39 pm
You may need to give it a bit more time. Mine now is too low sometimes.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Maggie May
on 8/16/13 9:49 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

I fixed my cholesterol numbers in the past 3 months by going off of wheat. My triglycerides were at one time nearly 700. They are just below 175 now. My numbers are all within normal range now. I was also able to cut my insulin in half and get off of two blood pressure meds,,, all of this pre-op!  I take u-500 insulin which is a potent concentrated insulin that is 5x stronger than the u-100 insulin most people take. My pharmacy has to special order it and I was able to not only cut it in half but get off of my pump as well. I can't wait to see what RNY will do!   I will continue to avoid wheat in my diet after surgery as well.

Wheat - evil stuff,, even the whole grain.

I'm also grain free as well.

Maggie May 

AnniesSS
on 8/17/13 12:17 am
RNY on 09/11/12
Congrats! I hope you continue to do well. My cholesterol is still higher but very well managed. I don't eat hardly any wheat. My pouch can't tolerate it.
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 488 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views