Question for DSers................

Amy_Kleve
on 4/5/11 10:04 am - Adrian, MN
When you eat enough to fill your stomach pouch, do you feel pain telling you to stop or do you REALLY feel full?????????
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Julie R.
on 4/5/11 10:11 am - Ludington, MI
 You feel REALLY full.   I never knew what "full" was until I had my DS.   As an aside, most DS'ers do not refer to their stomachs as "pouches" because we do not have one - we have a fully functioning stomach, with an intact pyloric valve.    It is often referred to as a "sleeve" or "remnant stomach."   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/5/11 10:15 am, edited 4/5/11 10:15 am - Tuvalu

I am likley BRIGHT wrong, but I always thought that the remnant stomach is the unused, chopped off part that they leave inside an RnYer.

beemerbeeper
on 4/5/11 10:26 am - AL
You are bright right.

~Becky

Julie R.
on 4/5/11 10:19 pm - Ludington, MI
I think you might be bright right, LOL.     What do I know?  I thought Libya was Liberia.  
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 4/5/11 10:25 am - AL
I don't have a pouch.  I have a fully functioning small stomach.  When I eat too much I feel very full.  Early on I could eat one bite too much and I would feel like I had to throw up (I only threw up once) or I would get the hiccups.  Now I just feel full like before surgery.

~Becky

Jay K.
on 4/6/11 10:50 am - Madison Heights, MI
Thanks everyone for all of your insights! This helps me out SO MUCH! I'm so done with feeling pain when I eat 1 or 2 bites with this band.

I met with Dr. Henry Buchwald today! I was SO impressed with him. I was relieved when he told me he didnt believe in the lap-band. He said "Lets take off that band and throw it in the garbage!" HAhahahaha...

He did say I might have trouble with insurance

But, we will see...

-----------------------
"See God, Kai"
-John S01EP3

CAJUNMAN3366
on 4/5/11 10:29 am - Breaux Bridge, LA
when my nose runs or i sneeze i am FULL~!

First annual DS cruise is in the books.  Dark Side Cruise Redux: July 15,2012.
Check us out on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/home.php
Blank Out
on 4/5/11 10:32 am
 I feel full and satisfied.  Only really quickly now!  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/5/11 10:33 am - Tuvalu

I'm formerly banded, so here's what I know.  The band felt like something was stuck (because usually it was) and the DS feels as normal as you felt before you had that piece of **** impanted in your body.  Like Thanksgiving.  Eat...get full...stuffed, if you like, unable to take another bite becuause there is nowhere for it to go.

Like that.

Not like that POS band.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1214 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 505 views