Maybe TMI-Nausea during bowel movements?

mel1964
on 9/2/11 4:32 am
this also happens to me when i wait too long to go to the bathroom! and early on when i waited too long to eat. now i try to get up early enough so  i dont have to rush or go when ever i am near a bathroom " just in case" glad there is a reason for the nausea!

* Gail R *
on 9/2/11 4:48 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I had this problem but it resolved itself over the course of a few months. It seemed as if the contractions of the bowels stimulated cramping of the upper GI as well. It only happened occasionally but sure was glad when it stopped!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

DianaRR
on 9/2/11 5:54 am - CA
I have the same problem. I have to wait a long time before I can eat in the morning.
I hope it resolves for both of us.
Diane Davis
on 9/2/11 6:02 am
So funny, I just asked my Julie Townsend about this last night.  She, too, says it will pass.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
scubadiva
on 9/2/11 6:03 am
There is a book out called "What's Your Poo Telling You."  They describe "Poo-phoria".  It's similar to what you are experiencing only it's more positive... an exhilarating experience from pooing.   The 'best **** ever' type of feeling.  :)  Ever see the movie, "The Fisher King?"  Robin William's character has one of those fantastic bathroom experiences in that movie.  I love that movie.

Anyway, here is an article about it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2449534/defecation_ syncope_a_potential_holiday.html?cat=5
Tabitha70
on 9/2/11 6:11 am
I've been thinking of asking this same thing today!
I had read that bearing down/straining when having a bowel movement can cause your blood pressure to drop which can cause nausea. I don't want to ever experience an anal fissure so I try hard to follow the rule 'let poop happen' but sometimes my body rebels and that tends to be when I get nauseous.  I'm over 2 1/2 years out and it still happens to me. Not all that often and usually just nauseous but this week I actually vomited while on the toilet. Not fun.

Thanks for asking, this board is so helpful!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

no_more_rolls
on 9/2/11 8:19 am - Jackson, MI
You are not the only one to get nauseous during bowel movements.  It was really bad for me the first couple of weeks, but now it is not as often...maybe twice a week.  

TMI but funny (not then, but now) In the beginning I remember sitting on the toilet and getting sick.  The waste basket in the bathroom was full.  Before I could wipe I started to vomit, so I just learned over and threw up in the bath tub.  OMG...NEVER will I do that again!  I spent the next hour cleaning up the mess and dry heaving.  LOL

I hope you feel better soon 

Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 12:11 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views