Maybe TMI-Nausea during bowel movements?

Amy_Kleve
on 9/1/11 11:48 pm - Adrian, MN
Anyone else get nauseous during bowel movements? This morning was really bad, I was sweating. I'm still nauseaous, not even up for any breakfast
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

MARTINA P.
on 9/1/11 11:55 pm - ROCKMART, GA
 LOL I thought that I was the only person who experience this.  I have not figured out what causes it but I know it make you feel bad for a while.  At times I end up throwing up while having bowel movement.  I hope you find some relief.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 12:53 am - San Jose, CA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

Our vagus nerve is more sensitive after the sleeve gastrectomy.  It's also the reason many of us get a runny nose, sneeze or get hiccups when we are full now.

Janet P.
on 9/2/11 12:58 am
OMG Diana - I am almost 9 years post op and had no idea that was the reason for the sneezing (in particular) when I get full.

The lightbulb over my head is blinding

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Tabitha70
on 9/2/11 6:51 am
Diana, thank-you SO much for posting the link to that article!
I knew about the runny nose and hiccups but never knew all of that other information. I have a lot of trouble with bouts of low blood pressure, it started immediately after surgery and it negatively affects my everyday life. I have never passed out (crossing fingers) but come close many times a week. Even when I remember to get up slowly my BP still drops and for a few seconds my balance is off and  I can't see well, that's a daily thing. When I forget and jump up quickly my vision goes almost 100%, I have to grab onto something and my hearing goes. It all happens and resolves very quickly but it sucks. I can't stand in lines and although it gets me out of check-out lines when I'm with my husband, it also prevents me from doing fun things that require standing still.
I was diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension by a cardiologist but after reading that article I'm wondering which term I should really be using to describe my problem?  I'm now thinking that the orthostatic hypotension is just a symptom of Vasovagal episodes and that is really the underlying issue.  Would you agree?
It's ironic that this happened after weight-loss surgery and all the medications that are listed as potentially helping with blood volume, all have the side-effect of gaining weight!   :sigh:

Thank-you again for posting this!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Lynda D.
on 9/2/11 10:00 am
 I've had a lot of issues with low blood pressure as well. Then I developed tachycardia not too long ago, and my cardiologist believed it was related to the blood pressure issues. He put me on Florinef, which is a mineral steroid that helps the body hang onto fluid. Unfortunately at the expense of potassium and calcium. It's helped me quite a bit.

Lynda

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

Tabitha70
on 9/3/11 6:16 am
Hi Lynda. My cardiologist also prescribed Florinef but it was causing rapid weight gain while I was in my losing window. My body seems to have chosen to stabilize in weight so I am going to give it a try again but I'm apprehensive. I keep hoping I'll find something else that will work because after being SMO, I think my anxiety about weight gain is justified. But, taking the chance of falling doesn't seem like a good alternative.
I hope things work out for you!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Kayla B.
on 9/2/11 12:56 am - Austin, TX
Yes, I went through a period of time when this happened.  Generally eating actually made it go away.  Something small, like some cheese.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 2:39 am - Bellevue, WA
 I had this often during my first year or two post op.  It did go away eventually.  Now it never happens.
MARTINA P.
on 9/2/11 4:13 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Thanks for explaining that this is the reason why my nose run and I sneeze.  YOu can learn so much from this website.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 679 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views