SoCal RNY 9/2010 mid-20s looking for a penpal

Bec M.
on 7/18/13 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I had RNY gastric bypass in September, 2010. I'm down 100lbs total, but need to drop another ~35lbs and need that extra support to help me get through my plateau. If you live in the Southern California area, it would be great to meet up in person, too!

Let me know, thanks!

-Bec

SandraBarton
on 10/3/13 3:36 pm - Fresno, CA

Hi I'm Sandra. I'm 30 years old and I am above 300lbs. However...I have lost 45 already...and looking to lose A LOT more.

I currently live in Fresno California (about 3 hours from LA) and I am looking for buddies to work out with. I have a friend who lives in South Carolina and every day we would text message each other our work outs. Well unfortunately she had a tragic loss in her family and she no longer has the momentum. Although I am doing everything I can for her and she KNOWS I will be here for her when she's ready, I want to continue my workouts.

Because of the awesomeness that we have started...I realized via cell phone (APP, so no phone numbers are exchanged) I am able to work out with whoever wants to exercise. So that is why I'm here. I already have a group started...but its REEEEEEEEALLY SLOW. My goal is to have 2 or 3 workouts posted each day.

All of this will make more sense if you check out the link below. It is a local womens only group, but I am able to extend the WORKOUT version (vs personal in town meetups) to those far and wide. Its free, easy, and innovative so if you want to just at least check it out let me know ok! =)

PS: I'm looking for people who will actually POST workouts...vs join and never do anything :P
Its a motivational mobile group. Check it out....btw this is not spam.. !

http://www.meetup.com/Thegoodgirlsclub/events/139585552/

Bec M.
on 10/7/13 3:22 pm

Hi Sandra,

Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! I am definitely looking to be inspired & pushed to workout, as since April (when I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue) I haven't been able to get the energy/motivation to get in a good workout. I tried joining the GroupMe, but for some reason I can't find the group once I click on the link, it just takes me to a blank chat page. Any chance you can forward me an invite?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Bec

pinkcrush
on 10/7/13 5:29 pm - CA
Hi Bec, I just realized that my link didn't work. Thanks for actually taking the time to check it out as it halfway looks like spam, lol but its really not. Try this link:

groupme.com/join_group/5594823/FnNjNf

ALSO, these are the rules that I pass on to everyone:
Welcome to the group! We now have 6 active members. Because each member of the group receives beep alerts for each and every new msg that someone posts, we ask that you please read the following rules and conditions of the group:

1. Limit your text bubbles by putting as many words into one msg as possible.

2. Message ONLY between the hours of 8AM-9PM. No exceptions.

3. Limit extensive "chatting", NO: pinterest/internet images/recipes. Why? To limit cluttering of the board. The best motivation is a current or completed workout =)

Thank you! =) And enjoy your "bragging rights" by posting below! It truly motivates and encourages everyone on the board each time you do! =) Good luck to you as you continue your weight loss/management efforts.

ALSO We're on PST (California) time =)
There IS also an option to turn the "text sound" off.

I'll introduce you to the group once you join in and I'll be working out tmrw and i'll post my workout so you can see how I post, but everyone can do it any way they want. Thanks soooo much for joining! =)))))
pinkcrush
on 10/7/13 5:31 pm - CA
Hi again, Its me, SANDRA, I forgot the PW to my account that started back in 2009 was it... and then created a new account, hence the "pink crush" but its still me, I need to log out and back in. But those are the new details.
Most Active