30 lbs Weight gained back

anewme10
on 6/16/15 5:26 pm - Little Hocking, OH

Hi, I need a pen pal that will be a cheerleader for me as I will be for them. I have gained some weight back and need to get it off. 

Would like someone who is struggling with the same thing or has already gone thru it. 

I am almost 5 years out. 

Debbie K...aka... ANEWME10    
Jdc5677
on 7/20/15 9:06 am - Mason, MI

I am new here and just had RNY, but I am looking for pen pals as well!

RNY July 13th, 2015

Jerry

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/15 9:20 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Hello, I also have gained some weight back and am looking for as much support as possible! A pen pal would be great! Not sure if you come to this site and view comments and post often or not? I plan on using this site much more now!! On my days off work such as today, I will be posting lots, on days I work I will probably post much less. But if I could find someone to post with, email or even text that would be the BEST. Good luck

jkbland
on 5/20/16 11:00 am

Hi, I had RNY in 2007. For many years this helped me lose weight and keep it off.  In 2012, I started gaining weight. A mixture of events happened that year (my sweet mom's passing, husband had almost deadly complications from simple surgery and I had my hip replaced). I had been depressed since I was in my teens and anxious all the time.  But this year was the worst and I gained over 50 lbs back that year (I lost about 103). I think I was grieving and didn't care about my weight anymore.  Now 4 years later, while I am still missing my mom so much, my husband has recovered (not fully) but is still him though. I took a job in a new field, retail, but still doing health events (I was a health educator at a local health department for years).

My job keeps me on my feet throughout the day and so I did lose about 10lbs (down to 180). But then I wasn't feeling good and tired and sore.  I thought it was because I turned 50 and just getting older.  But my family doctor referred me to a Rheumatologist and she found I had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. So I have recently started on meds for this and hope I feel better.  But I don't feel that the anxiety medications are helping any more not matter how many I take.  I wonder if it has to do with my surgery and the part of my intestine where most things get absorbed is just not letting me get any medication in.

Above all though, is that I need to stop telling myself that it is okay to eat what I want because I have gone through these major life events.  I want to lose weight and feel better all around.  So I have the same issue as you and maybe together we can help each other lose our weight and feel good about ourselves.

Krysti from Northern Michigan

Most Active