Hello, I'm looking for.......

Yvonne Patricia H.
on 2/28/04 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hello, all, My name is Yvonne and although my profile says that i live in philadephia, I'm currently in the UK, near Manchester to be precise. I am 27 years old and have an under active thyroid, it was diagnosed 28 months ago and my thyroxine intake, isn't helping me lose any weight at all! So, what am i looking for? someone to talk to? A friend? Someone in the same boat as me(and who like me is hoping that boat isn't the titanic!) Please get in touch, I'd love to hear form anyone, any age, gender, race...... just drop me a line, i'd love to hear from you!
cfj
on 3/11/04 9:41 pm - NY
Hi, I also have a rotten thyroid due to Hashimoto's disease and have had to have 3/4 of my parathyroid gland removed as well as one of my thyroid glands. I'm on thyrolar (synthroid didn't do anything at all). I've got l about 100 lbs to lose and having thyroid problems hasn't helped at all. I just acn't seem to lose anything, however gaining is very easy. I've met with a surgeon and will start my insurance medical testing next week. I hope that the surgery will work for me. I've e-mailed other thyroide WLS folks who said that they have lost weight with the surgery but it has been a very slow process. How far along are you in the process?
Most Active