50 or older & single to boot?

conpat22
on 4/28/04 3:50 am - Beatty, NV
My surgery date is 6/11/04 and looking for a female to walk with me through this journey. I live in rural NV.and have family to help with aftercare but would really love it if could connect with someone that really understands what being MO is like and that is going through the same surgery I am. Dr. Irwin Simon is my doc, I'm going to have lap.RNY in June and as it is 120 miles to Las Vegas (nearest city) it is a bit different than the average person on the boards I've been reading. I work for the govt. and have two grown kids, two grandkids and a wonderful dog, Molly. Anyone in my shoes, [email protected]
Schvester
on 5/9/04 10:47 am - Southfield, MI
HI Connie, I'm Linda from Michigan.....single, too......over 50.......did I say that? I only 'answer' to 39! I had my surgery on 9/15/03 in Toledo, OH which is approximately 75 miles from here so I understand your comments about driving far to have surgery. I chose this doctor for his reputation as another one is a mere 3 miles from my house but with far less experience. I had a Lap RNY. I've lost 101.5 lbs. so far so things are going very well but my wt. loss has been slow as I see it compared with others on this site. BUT it is great! For the first time in my life I do NOT feel like I'm dieting or deprived. I do not eat anything with real sugar added like cookies, cakes, ice cream and fear that I will not dump so I don't even try them. If I want something dessert-like, I have tried many of the sugar free cookies and candies and that seems to make me just as happy. I found some good recipes for things using Splenda (sweetner) and I'm enjoying these, too. My surgery was a breeze. I sailed thru it. The surgeon told me it was 'smooth as silk'...... I stayed in the hospital only overnight.....I walked the floors the entire night, too! Hardly had any pain eventho' he had me on a PCA machine. I have 7 incision sites. The biggest one is maybe 1". Hope this helps. Please write back! "[email protected]" Take care! Linda
StarWish624
on 5/15/04 8:41 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi, I'm Barbara. I had my RNY on 11/12/03. I am -94 lbs. I am single and 53 (39 also ;-D). I had an open RNY. I live in a small mountain town. I have to drive 2 hours round trip to my doctor's office. I'm so glad that I read your post. We just may be able to relate. I think that it will be nice to "travel" along this road with someone who understands. Let me say congratulations on your surgery date. The thing that I found most valuable during my hospital stay was lip balm (like chapstick). Both of my parents are gone, now. But my father had had heart surgery a few months before I lost him. He was given a teddy bear to hug against his chest when he coughed (you need to hold something against the stiches - it helps). Just before my surgery, I found my dad's teddy bear. Needless to say, it was with me at the hospital. When I held it as I coughed to clear my own lungs, it was as if my dad and I were sharing a moment. The bear saw us both through the pain. I may be single, but I wasn't alone in the hospital. I had a very special teddy bear to hug. I hope that your journey is easy, and if you have any questions...well, this is the site to ask them. I would be happy to be a penpal....Barbara
StarWish624
on 5/15/04 8:45 am - Bakersfield, CA
Opps! forgot my e-mail address: [email protected] Barbara
Most Active