HELP IM LOST CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

DEANN D.
on 5/11/04 5:18 am - WILLIAMSTON, SC
MY NAME IS DEANN AND IM 23 YRS OLD AND I WOULD LOVE FOR SOME ADVICE TO COME MY WAY. IM JUST STARTING OUT WITH THIS, IM LOOKING AT DOING THE SURGERY BUT I DON KNOW WHERE TO START. I HAVE MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY FAMILY DOC THIS WEEK.BUT I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE OF WHAT SURGERY YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE? AND IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANY SERIOUS SIDE AFFECTS? PLEASE HELP ME!
none N.
on 5/11/04 12:47 pm
Deann, I know this is a really scary time right now. There are so many questions you have at this time and I wish I could say something to make it easier. I would be happy to talk to you about my experiences if you want, but remember I am only one person. Everyone has a different experience. I had my surgery on Jan 6, 2004 and have lost about 103lbs. I did have complications, but I am better now. I will try to remember to check back here. I've never been on this part of the site before. You should be able to email me if you would like to. Take care and I will be thinking of you! Erika 379/276/?
amy G.
on 5/18/04 9:49 am - leonardtown, md
RNY on 04/28/04 with
hi there, my first thought would be to contact your insurance company and find out the procedures THEY cover. then search the surgeons in your area that do that procedure. most surgeons have support groups for pre-ops and post-ops, i would really think about finding one local. a lot of times patients can answer more "real life" questions than doctors as far as mental changes, etc. good luck on your journey...i'm almost 3 weeks post op, but i am still craving information, the more you know...the more prepared you'll be. amy
Maria Mendoza
on 5/22/04 10:02 am - calipatria, CA
hello my name is maria and i go by lupe. im 17 and im gonna have the surgery done. im in the process and u start out by going to a surgen of your choice siminar. i went for a consultation and i have to go back on my b-day how exciting is that. a friend is helping me with my process so i have help. but i would love to help you out and get back to me. my e-mail is [email protected]
Most Active