Support friends

P K.
on 5/18/04 8:42 am - San Diego, CA
I live in San Diego and will be getting my RNY on Friday. I've become frightened and I don't like it at all. Is there anyone out there that also lives in San Diego (proper) that I could get together with, or please just be WLS friend. PLEASE, WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT ON TOP..think reasonably you men out there, Pennie Please write me at [email protected], I check that mail more often. Thanks in advance
Dee L.
on 5/19/04 3:44 am - Chula Vista, CA
I too, live in SD and had my RNY 12/2002 and it was a piece of cake! Up to that point, I had never had a surgery before and was a little apprehensive, but I had to keep remembering what was at stake here. My life up to that point had been pretty miserable due to my weight, 489lbs!! Not sleeping very well, not being able to walk or stand for any length of time, and being almost completely housebound and not at all wanting to be in public! What did I have to lose, except that awful life style? As it happens, the surgery went w/o a hitch and I healed very quickly with very little problems at all. I haven't regretted my decision one iota and I have lost a total of 200lbs so far. My weight loss has slowed up a bit but that is my fault. I have to workout more and stick to my diet better, but I am unable to eat massive quantities of food at one sitting and that in itself is a blessing!! Of course you're going to be a bit apprehensive, but the surgeons we have here in SD doing the surgery are some of the best, my surgeon was Dr. Tanaka and he's the greatest!! Be strong and confident, you are making a choice for a better and healthier life and when those pounds start coming off, you're going to be ecstatic. E-mail me anytime, we all need the support!! God bless you!!
Most Active