pre-op pen pal anywhere to share journey

mailbag
on 7/16/04 7:37 pm - Imperial, CA
hello I just got my date!!! yipeeeee! and would like to share the journey too,and swap recipes and check up on you to make sure u put nothing into your mouth,to stop us from losing! hope to hear from you soon my wls is for July 29,2004, trish
elaine B.
on 7/17/04 5:54 am - nashville, TN
trish congratulations when is the date oh i c it is 7/29 that is approaching fast which one are you having done? sleeping in bed or chair? home support to help? I want to pass this along to you from my frined that had it done in january 2004, the first 2 - 3 months may be rough, but hang in there, she said that she wished she knew it was going to be rough for the first couple of months BUT you should see her now - i can;t wait until i have mine to keep up with her - yard sales, and stuff. she is already down 100 lbs. and getting around so much better
lizcoll
on 7/19/04 12:04 pm - Raceland, LA
Hello Trish I too I'm having surgery on that date. I will be having my in New Orleans,Louisiana.Keep in touch. Liz
dcox94
on 7/21/04 5:59 am - North Wilmington, DE
Hello Trish, I in the middle of the bad months....I am one month into my journey. What people say on the board that it gets better every day is true. I really feel good most of the time...then there are those days when blah sets in. But I don't let that get me down. I did things the hard way I guess..... I have a two story house with bathroom on second floor so I did the steps regularly. It was hard in the beginning so I took it slow. As a matter of fact it was hard before the surgery but I managed. I slept in my own bed with lots and lots of pillows. As a matter of fact I still sleep with lots of pillows. I have severe sleep apnea which does not help the sleeping factor much. I had a very short hospital stay....less than 3 days YAHOO. I hated the hospital bed that is until I got home and found out I could not get up out of bed by myself. That has changed this week for me. I now get up by myself and go to the bathroom. My poor husband had to get up with me so he could pull me up. I hated that. I like to be very independent. I have been tracking my protein, water and caloric intake on a wonderful sheet that one of the members sent to me. July 29th is coming close and I bet you are excited and scared. I was that way too! Adjusting to the food volume is a interesting thing in the beginning. I could not finish a 6 oz shake within 1/2 hour. I would sip, sip and sip. The little amount of food that fills you is amazing. I was so use to the supersize.... Well good luck and if you would like more info on my journey you can visit my site or email me and I will be happy to help with any information you need. Debbie
Most Active