one month to surgery

tabbott4
on 8/19/11 2:51 am - VA
I am one month out for surgery and stocking the shelve with post op recomendations.  Any advice???
Ithocles
on 8/19/11 3:41 am
Hello there, and welcome to the group!  Hopefully you'll get as much out of it as I have.  It's been a great resource.

I would recommend not stocking up on anything.  Just get enough that will last you a few days after surgery because more than likely, your taste will change dramatically.  Before surgery, I could drink about anything and now about all I can stomach is water and chai tea.  It has been really weird.

Before I went into surgery, I bought enough isopure to do me for a week.  I also had some protein powder that I could put into my broth.  For some great recipies for post op food, check eggface's website.  She had some recipes there that I found really helpful post op.

Try not to buy too much and allow yourself to get used to your new taste buds.  You're in for a wild wonderful ride.  Enjoy it!

Hugs,

Danny

OneFinger
on 8/21/11 1:12 pm
Danny gave you some great suggestions. I stocked up on a lot of SF jello and most of it is still sitting around. Believe me, your taste buds are affected by surgery.

The one thing I'd suggest if that you get rid of any "forbidden" food prior to surgery. Get rid of anything that may be a temptation. My docs forbid caffine, soda, potatoes, pasta, rice, and similar stuff. Two weeks before surgery I had all those things removed from the house and out of my life. I also went on a strict pre-op diet. The docs wanted me to get rid of as much weight as possible to they'd have more room to operate.

Keep us posted on your progress.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 366 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 936 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1315 views