FTM Transitioning and the Sleeve

LiteraryVice432
on 9/5/12 9:31 am - NM
 Hey all,
I just joined up because I didn't realize there was an LGBT group on here until about an hour ago. I'm a pre-op/pre-T FTM and I'm planning on having a vertical sleeve gastrectomy done sometime within the next month or so and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or information on how having this surgery and losing this weight will affect my ability to take T. The search engines and the tumblr community don't seem to have much info so anything you have would be appreciated. 

Also? How do I approach being a female bodied/male identified (I am still very woman-shaped) FTM at a weight loss support group? It's such an important part of my body issues and weight struggle but no one really understands how to deal with it when I bring it up. 

Thanks
KTG (Kai)
ftmathteacher
on 9/5/12 7:23 pm - Pflugerville, TX
VSG on 08/07/12 with
 Hey there!  

I posted a similar message to this almost a year ago when I started researching possible options for doctors!  I am also a pre-op FTM, but have been on T for almost 4 years now.  I know one other FTM who has had VSG as well (like me) and though I was prepared mentally to have this surgery fail for me, it has been working!  I am officially 1 month post-op VSG and i have lost about 38 lbs and still losing!  

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!
-Itzel
utahrob
on 9/15/12 8:22 am
I just had sleeve surgery on 09/10/12.  My doc has me on a daily testosterone lozenge which I put under my tongue and it has not slowed my weight loss at all.

Best of luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 378 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 950 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views