Brand New to the Bariatric Surgery Community

edthurman
on 10/30/12 6:29 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 01/10/13

I want to start by congratulating each and every one of you for blazing this trail that we newbies are now embarking on. I read all the threads for hours before posting here and you all are so much inspiration to guys like me that are still very nervous about the surgery. I have been researching Roux en Y and reading anything I could get my hands on for many months. I've been to the pre-surgery seminars and have been jumping through the hoops for the insurance company to get everything done prior to submitting the letter asking for approval. The letter will be sent sometime mid November and I'm hoping to get an approval and my surgery date before the end of this year. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and hope in time, I can help give strength and advice to others like I'm hoping to receive from you all.

Can anyone tell me how to add the little "weight goal bar" that everyone has on their posts? Thanks

birder I.
on 10/30/12 12:54 pm - Rockford, IL

Welcome t this board. You will find a lot of support here. I can't give you info on that bar because I don't have one either, but someone else surely will.

Again, welcome!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

edthurman
on 10/31/12 1:14 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 01/10/13

Thank you Connie. I've had a few people read what I wrote but so far you're the only one that has responded. I'm sure I'll hear from someone soon....maybe by the weekend. Take good care and Happy Halloween! LOL

utahrob
on 10/31/12 12:44 pm

Good luck with jumping through the hoops, it can be a very frustrating process but it is worth it.  I had VSG seven weeks ago and have already lost 50 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the surgery.

Best of luck Ed,

Utahrob

edthurman
on 11/1/12 1:07 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 01/10/13

Wow, way to go. Kudos to you, Rob! My being very nervous is starting to subside and I'm becoming more excited than scared. Thanks 

LadyAnastacia
on 11/19/12 2:04 am
RNY on 11/06/12

Welcome!

To get the ticker:

Click on My Account

Click on Health Tracker on the left side

Click on the tab for "Tickers & Widgets" 

Make sure you fill in your weight each time you weigh-in on the "Body" tab.

edthurman
on 11/21/12 4:21 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 01/10/13

Thanks very much!

ohbearly
on 11/20/12 10:58 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Welcome! Good luck on your journey. Make sure you take a lot of photos and journal (maybe even blog). You will be amazed when you read it 4-5 years later. Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/12 2:11 am

HI and welcome to the group.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 378 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 950 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views