New Here, Just want to say Hello!

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/12 4:07 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Hey Everyone!

My name is Glen, From Toronto Canada....i am 30 years old and pre-op....last 2 appointments before meeting with my surgeon in january....rest of the program complete....good to see other gay/lesbians out there to relate to.

Hope we can connect!?

Yours,

glen

RainbowRN
on 12/18/12 10:51 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Hello!!  My wife and I just got married at the Park Hyatt in Downtown Toronto this past August!  :)  We loved it there!!  Both of us are having the RNY.  Which surgery are you having done?  Did it take you a long time to get approved with your insurance because of the universal healthcare? 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

utahrob
on 12/20/12 3:10 am

Welcome Sparkyboi,

Best of luck on your journey.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Utahrob

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/12 11:20 pm

HI and welcome Glen

birder I.
on 12/22/12 8:47 pm - Rockford, IL

Hello and welcome!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

ruggie
on 12/23/12 5:04 am - Sacramento, CA

Welcome!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/12 5:24 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Thanks for your greetings everyone!  Hope to find great support here......then hopefully can find the special someone....been over 4 years since i had a date or even a wink...lol

This surgery is a tool that is gonna help in many ways!  Not necessarily relatiolnship wise...i recently found my biological father and now knowing his side of the family....this surgery is very much preventitive as it is needed in my own daily life!

Hope we all have great chats!

Thanks

ruggie
on 12/23/12 11:09 am - Sacramento, CA

Your mileage may vary, but you might want to hold off on dating until your at maintenance, just because your life is going to change in so many ways, and you and how you behave and act and what you do will probably change in many ways as well.

Everyone's stories of changes are different and unique, but for me, one major change is that I go out to social events a lot more now.  I used to think I was introverted - but I'm not really. I was just ashamed about being obese and felt out of place in groups and crowds.  Now that that's gone, I realize I wasn't actually introverted.  

I know other people that would spend weekends at home that found joy with outdoor activities such as camping, etc.

Since you can't predict quite how you'll change with your weightloss, some say they find it easier to not date during the process.  Of course, you do what you think is best for you.

Good luck!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/12 11:07 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
Thanks for your message but there are no plans to date and I'm not looking for this to change my dating habits. It will be a welcome change but there are no near plans for dating so no worries. I am super outgoing now and never let my "looks" hold me back, I think I look good so that's all that matters but I look forwar to having a lot more possibilities when all is said and done.

Congrats and good luck on your continuing journey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 360 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 930 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1307 views