NSV !

Dan M.
on 1/12/14 9:41 am - Stone Ridge, VA

I had a very nice Non Scale Victory this Week. 

I ride the DC Metro to and from work everyday. The train gets very packed and I always stand because I take up too much room in the seats. This week it was a slow day because of a snow storm. There was a lot if empty seats and I sat day in one. A few stops later the train was full and a person had to sit with me.  she went to sit down and I was prepared to crunch my self over so I was not spilling over into her side.  But to my surprise she sat down and there was enough room for both of us to sit. 

I almost shed shed a tear in joy!  

I see the scale moving down but it is hard for me to see it in the mirror. 

I am down 40 lbs since surgery (11/19/13) and 103 lbs since July of 2013. 

Pre-op:  Lost 60 pounds
RYN Surgery on 11/19/2013 

sur5in2
on 1/15/14 4:29 am

I felt the same way when I got on an airplane just a few months post op! Usually when we fly I always have to ask for the extender, but the first time we flew after surgery I didn't need the extender and I actually had extra material.  I cried like a girl, my wife got it...my kids thought I was crazy. 

It has been a little over a year since my surgery and I have lost 130 pounds...but in my head I still feel fat, I constantly buy the wrong size clothes and turn sideways to go through isles.  I am hoping with time I will feel as thin on the inside as I am on the outside!

Congrats!!!

chulbert
on 1/23/14 12:10 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Great story and congratulations!  You look great!

AngloAm
on 3/26/14 8:28 am

I can't wait for that - I use to ride the Metro and I remember the look of fear/resentment when people would see me and realize that there was no way they could fit on the seat with me. It was like a thousand points of shame. I am so big that no scrunching will help; maaaybe if the person has a small child it could be placed next to me (unless either or both of us have winter coats on - then I really am riding solo). 

I'm full of joy from your story.

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 358 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 928 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1305 views