Hello from a Newbie

Kennyo1965
on 1/14/04 1:49 am - Huntsville, AL
I just wanted to introduce myself to the website and group. It is nice to know that there are "family" members going through this same journey. Being fat is a trial in itself, with all the discrimination, BUT being gay AND fat, is a double whammy. I am looking for friends who are successful WLS participants, and others like me who are just starting. I have my first appt on Feb 13, 2004. I am looking forward to that day. Happy New Year to everyone!
StooksLady
on 1/14/04 2:01 pm - Huntsville, AL
You certainly will find the support you need here, Kenny. Congratulations and welcome from an old friend and coworker, darlin. We'll keep in touch, for sure. Love, Kaye
shane_lee
on 2/4/04 1:31 am - Belmont, CA
Just realized you were from Huntsville too!! Congratulations on such a wonderful weight loss. Thank you so much for your wonderfully descriptive profile! I am sure that will help others knowing what to expect from surgery. You and Sandy are so lucky to have each other. She sounds like a wonderful caring woman. Your sister seems that way too. I wish you both the best!
Twizzled1
on 1/14/04 2:52 pm - Powell, TN
Hey Newbie: We are out here of that you can be sure, but apparently finding this board can be a little tricky. I've been a member of obesityhelp for over a year now and just happened to find it. Believe me, I understand what you mean. I have come across more discrimination because of my obesity, then for being a lesbian. Anyway, I'm from Knoxville, TN and have my consult scheduled for next Tuesday w/Dr. Boyce. All of the preliminaries have been done--labs, psych eval, etc. I was told that my paperwork would be submitted to the insurance company with 24 hours of my consult, so I really hoping to get an answer within 1-2 weeks or less. I hope everything goes well with your first appointment. Keep me posted! Stephanie
Ms. B.
on 1/19/04 2:15 am - Long Beach, ca
Glad to see that more people are finding this site...it had almost become a ghost town! Best of luck to you all as you begin your journey.
Jessmac
on 1/30/04 7:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
May I offer a heartfelt, if somewhat belated, welcome!
shane_lee
on 2/3/04 1:51 pm - Belmont, CA
Belated welcome from me too!! Feel free to email me anytime! I know all too well what you are going through. Unfortunately, there's not much activity on this board. But I assure you, we are out there. Although I don't live near you, it's nice to see someone from my hometown of Huntsville. I grew up there and my family still lives there! Good luck on your appt., and of course, anything I can do to help you, I would be glad to do it! Let us know how things are going! My mom is also going through this process. She got her approval yesterday and will have surgery with Dr. Facundus at Crestwood Hospital. Best of luck to you!
Lisa ..
on 2/5/04 9:30 am - NJ
Welcome to the board Kenny! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 383 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 955 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1330 views