Just a friendly hello...

Twizzled1
on 1/31/04 12:31 pm - Powell, TN
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I started my pre-op diet about 10 days ago and have lost 5.5 pounds. This should make my surgeon happy. I'm still waiting on a response from my insurance company. If I don't hear anything in the next few days I will start my "calling-spree." I've read some entries regarding the "diet" where it's liquid. What's up with that? The routine I'm following is more about getting ready for this new way of life, then the diet itself. I think. This waiting is wearing thin the last good nerve I have. I know, I need to just get a grip, but when you've wanted something so much, for so long. It's hard!!!! It's like I can almost see it, but then the "what ifs" come along and smack me upside the head...reality check. I know. Well, I'm sure I've bored us all to tears. So long for now. Stephanie
Ms. B.
on 1/31/04 11:06 pm - Long Beach, ca
Welcome! Wishing you the best of luck!!!
Sherri M.
on 2/1/04 1:16 pm - Aurora, CO
Hi Stephanie, I am 4 weeks post op.....beleive me........you will need to know that there are different stages to the diet once the surgery is over. Liquids - very difficult, have to get in all of your water and protein supp. in a 1 oz pouch, then pureed - much better just be careful not to try new foods out in public, then to a "regular" diet - how regular can it be at 1-2 ounces. And then you have to make sure that you get in all of your protein. This surgery is a wonderful tool, but yes, lots of dieting involved. E-mail me anytime you want. Sherri in Colorado
Lisa ..
on 2/5/04 9:33 am - NJ
Welcome Stephanie! Lisa
Jessmac
on 2/9/04 5:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome! Sorry you're in "what if" hell. Glad you decided to wait it out here though!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 383 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 955 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1330 views