If you're GLBT in Huntsville, AL & have had or are having WLS...Important!

StooksLady
on 2/19/04 6:54 pm - Huntsville, AL
Big Announcement!! If there are any of our GLBT friends from Huntsville, Alabama or the surrounding areas out there (Decatur, Athens, Cullman, Fayetteville, Tennessee) that have undergone or, like me, are considering undergoing weight loss surgery...boy do we have news for you! Beginning March 2, 2004, Rainbows of Hope WLS Support for GLBT people will begin meeting at the Metropolitan Community Church of Huntsville! Rainbows of Hope will exist to provide a safe place for education and support for Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender persons who have had or are seeking information about the option of weight loss surgery, AND for their spouses, partners or significant others! Rainbows of Hope will provide opportunities to address issues unique to the GLBT community concerning WLS. Our first session will include an introduction to the group process, introduction of members, confidentiality issues, ground rules and other basics of the group process. There will also be a break out session conducted at every meeting, to allow the spouses, partners and significant others time to discuss their concerns away from the potential/post surgical candidates. Future sessions will feature guest speakers, Q & A, tips on important issues and group members' emotional WLS needs. The group will meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month, from 7p.m.-8:30p.m., at the Metropolitan Community Church of Huntsville, 3015 Sparkman Drive NW (35810). If any assistance is needed in finding the church, or if you have any questions or general comments or information, please give us a call at (256) 851-6914. If there is no answer, please leave a message and someone will return your call. Everyone come on out and let's get this ball rolling! Hope to see you all there!
Cheryl S. B.
on 2/20/04 10:33 am - in the country near Dallas, TX
Wow Kaye! That is so COOL...I wish the MCC in Dallas would consider doing this. Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 383 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 955 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1330 views