Are you telling people at work about the WLS?

corywingate
on 5/19/05 12:42 pm - Wauchula, FL
I know people are here because I got a couple of responses. Maybe its because we talk all day and we are tired of conversation? I can understand that. Anywho...I have told very few people. I work with a girl that has lost about 60 pounds with diet pills. She is always running her mouth that I took the easy way out..Every time a customer pays a compliment to me she goes into this. I think taking diet pills is the easy way out! All of sudden she thinks she is the Dr. of wieght loss. (just ask her...she knows all there is about dieting) I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Cory
Brandy H
on 5/27/05 6:34 am - Glendale, AZ
hi corina, i have been in the same salon for over 6 years and my coworkers, i am happy to say are like family, i have told everyone and everyone is supportive. i am even telling clients and everyone is excited for me. is there any way that you can pull her aside and tell her that first of all you don't appreciate the things she is saying when your diet/lifestyle is really none of her business...but secondly surgery is NOT the easy way out... the easy way out would be to do nothing at all and live out the rest of your shortened life being obese and that you have tried other methods and they didn't work out for you? that is what i would do. obviously she is probably pretty proud of herself for losing 60 lbs which she should be.. but i doubt taking the diet pills have helped her alter her lifestyle which is what surgery will require you to do. hope this helps. brandy
corywingate
on 5/27/05 10:58 am - Wauchula, FL
Hey Brandy, So there are people here! I have been in the same salon for 5 years. we are all close except this one stylist, and we all vent to each other about her. She is the only one to be a pain about it. Customers are very supportive. She has backed off because I haven't lost a lot of weight real fast. (60 lbs since 2/8/05) She is jealous, and I think that is her problem. She doesn't want me to out do her. Isn't that crazy? When did you have your surgery, and how much have you lost???? It feels so good to work with out that much weight.
Brandy H
on 5/28/05 12:34 pm - Glendale, AZ
hi corina, yes i am out here...haha. this IS a dead board but i am glad to have found someone! you are absolutley right it DOES sound like this one stylist is jealous. i haven't had any experience with anyone at work who has been negative but a lady (who was obese) overheard me talking to a friend about surgery and she started on about how she knew a lady who didn't have a good outcome blah blah blah.. and it struck me funny that a total stranger who didn't know me was jealous because i was having surgery and she wasn't. just her weird attitude. you can't let one person bring you down. be proud of yourself 60lbs down that rocks!!! as for me i am still pre-op. i just got approval last week and got my surgery date last friday. i am going in on July 8th at 12:30! yay! i can't wait to work 10 hour days on my feet and be 100lbs down in weight! what a dream! keep in touch! brandy
Krissy
on 5/30/05 4:29 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Cory!! Congrats on your weight loss!! You are doing wonderfully! As with everything else in life you are never going to please or agree with people 100% of the time. Take her comments with a grain of salt. You are going to get so many different reactions from people...its going to blow you away. This journey for me was extremely emotional. Its amazing how people treat you differently when you lose weight. Even family and friends!!!! Let Dr. Weight Loss Pill continue with her success and if she really knows all about dieting she will succeed( I do wish her well). BUT....We have all been there and taken pills and we all know everything there is about dieting!! and you know what?! We have all gained the weight back and then some once we stopped taking them. Thats the beauty of wls, you can take this time to re-establish new eating patterns for long term weight loss. You also have to remember you are at work, customers do not like to see "hostility" amongst the crew (ok well a very few thrive on it lol). Down the road when clients see your successful weight loss and see that she is just running her mouth ...you will have the biggest smile on your face knowing that you are a success and accomplished and feel great!! and you have just earned even more trust from the client! I wish you continued success on your journey! Please keep us posted of your progress!! Good Luck! ~Kristin
kikkace
on 7/25/05 9:21 am - houston, TX
Hi guys I have been on the other board for a while but just found this one. Not yet scheduled for surgery. Ok I worked with a girl just like that and she complained about everything. She always had something to say about something. She only wants the attention and probably sticks her foot in her mouth a lot. Just let it run it's course and hopefully she'll get over it. But everone is right don't confront her in front of everyone It's not pretty....lol Just ignore her as much as possible if need be, move away from her station
Jill W.
on 8/19/05 8:14 am - Jackson, MO
Hey everyone!! Sweet! I just wanted to say howdy to you hairdoes.. and I do nails too.. I have had lots of mixed responses from clients and friends.. I have alot of clients in the med. field.. who are like WHAT?? Dont do that!!! Your not that big!!! ??? hello, my BMI is 49!!! crazy! Anyway.. I just got my surg date.. Aug 31st.. and I was wondering how you gals are doing now?? How long did you take off work? How much have you lost now? Are you dead sexy yet??? whooo hoooo cant wait!! much love and peace, Jilldawn
PattiU.
on 7/12/06 11:13 pm - Galloway, NJ
Hi girls, It is so good to read this. I am having surgey lap band on August 8th 2006. I was a hairdresser for 30 years and I miss it. I moved to Jersey now and am trying to get my licence here. When I loose this weight, I want to go back to work. How great it will be to work without another body hanging on my back! I'm also getting heel spur fixed. so I will be good to go. It's hard not to share your everyday life issues in work because it is so close, you know you are right ,just ignore her. She can't shut up from the pills. and yes she'll gain it all back. Hang in there! Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hairstylist Blogging Opportunity
BarbQuinn · 1 replies · 600 views
nails
cats3free · 0 replies · 354 views
Hello hello!
EricaC · 0 replies · 391 views
HAIR STYLIST WANTED
ogonzal07 · 0 replies · 604 views