Weight Loss and No Mans Land

OCCali_Girl
on 3/27/11 4:52 pm - CA
Well I can say that I have had trouble finding GOOD men at all sizes... I am so hoping one day I can get to the place that Jean and the others are but I have to admit I want a good man!  having said that I have never settled and that probably why I have never been married!

I worry now about meeting men who might like me fatter and then loosing weight, so I always tell them up front that I had the band and that I am loosing weight. a few have run and some say cool whatever works for me!

But it just seems that as someone else said that it is hard to find a QUALITY man!  There are plenty of boys to be found but we want & deserve more!

I don;t have any fantasy that it will be easier to find a man as I loose... I have a Friend who is sooo awesome and she lost  150 lbs size 14 now and she cant find one either... soo weight has NOTHING to do with anything on the dating field!

The band may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me!

VEGAS IN JUNE GOAL!!        

Kate -True Brit
on 3/27/11 5:35 pm - UK

As others have said, sounds like you are no longer prepared to settle for second best! Quality not quantity!

Be picky! Value yourself!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

AZPapillion
on 3/27/11 10:38 pm, edited 3/27/11 10:38 pm
Lap Band on 10/12/10 with
It wasn't until I told myself that I was ok with being single for the rest of my life (and had come to grips with what this meant) and had signed a contract on buying my own condo that I met my now husband. At the time, I had traveled on my own and was not waiting for anyone to come in and take care of me. My husband and I just celebrated our 6th anniversary of marriage 2 weeks ago and last week was our 8th year together.

I think you need to be comfortable with yourself and be comfortable with your decisions and your life will happen the way its supposed to.

A bit about me: I'm 6'1" tall and 36 years young.. :)
HW: 367 / SW: 337 / GW: 160-175 (depending on how I am)

Pantala
on 3/28/11 2:12 pm, edited 3/28/11 2:19 pm - TX
Well, I am almost afraid to put my 2 cents in, being the only man to step up here and do so.

First off, most men don't know what they want, and usually by the time they figre it out, it's too late.

With that said, I do beleive there are a lot of good men oout there but the really good ones aren't cruising bars or singles scenes, so they are hard to meet.

A little secret ladies, most men are too nervous to talk to women to start with. The ones who come on too strong and pushy, well those are ususally the wrong guys. The good guys, the nice guys, will respect you, and may be a little shy to make a move.

As it was said before, be happy with yourself first and the rest will follow.

That's my 2 cents worth.

MARIA F.
on 3/28/11 4:53 pm - Athens, GA

Always nice to have a mans perspective on these things, so thanks for sharing.

One question though....................Why don't men know what they want??? ( You do realize that you men are more confusing than physics! lol)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Country
on 3/29/11 8:58 am
I think WE all appreciate a man's point of view.. and I agree with him, most men don't know what they want.. you always hear I want the hot chick.. but that is short term.. ultimately they want someone who will be their best friend, take care of them when they are sick, cook together, do activities together.. in short, someone to grow old with.. I almost feel sorry for men, they got a lot to deal with.. my husband says he is lucky he is married and not dating now.. cuz times have changed so much in the dozen years he and I have been together..

I wish all the single ladies/men who want to find a mate, that they get an AMAZING partner..

Just my extra 2 cents worth.

Country -v

Most Active