Just curious

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 1:34 am - Modesto, CA
Unfortunately, the only problem weight loss solves is being fat.  All the issues are still there waiting for us to face after hiding them under the excess fat for so long.  I've used my weight as both an excuse and protection from things I don't want to deal with. 

After my first year of weight loss I got hit smack in the face with an issue I was hiding from.  My weight loss stalled and I knew I needed help so I called a therapist.  Well, it wasn't a good fit and I stopped going to her and planned to find another.  Well a year later my weight loss is still stalled and I'm struggling with binge eating because I have never dealt with the issue a year ago as well as other issues I need to face.  I've just now found a new therapist that I hope will work out so that I can finally resolve some of the issues haunting me and I can get back on track.  The band is a great tool for helping us lose weight, but it won't help with the other problems in our life. 

The suggestions other have offered such as journaling can be very useful, but a good therapist is a gem so don't rule that out either.  Good luck!

cat
Hermosa L
on 4/27/11 2:30 am
I really thought losing a weight would help me find a man .. I lost the weight for me but I thought it would HELP me in that area and it hasn't I think I got more men heavier than I'm getting thinner OH well.. but yes I thought I would lose the weight find a guy and just be happy.. none of that has happened because losing weight.. LOL

call I can say is FML I can't help but joke about it but sometimes I do get down about it.
mickib57
on 4/27/11 9:49 am - Granite Bay, CA
You are so cute! Let me tell you that after 21 years of marriage, a man does not make your life complete lol...

Stephanie M.
on 4/27/11 6:01 am
Some of us are or have been obese because the fat is a barrier...this was the case for me.  I was severely abused as a child and I am lucky to be alive.  I used food to feed that child and to provide me with a "force field" of sorts.  Years of counseling, battling depression and the love of my husband helped me to realize that it is safe now to lose the weight.  I lost before and regained it all + when I just became too uncomfortable to live without it.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

marl16
on 4/28/11 5:33 am - NJ
I haven't been banded yet but everyday I say this won't change when  I lose weight ($ problems marital problems etc)  In my younger days I always said this wouldn't be happening if i wasn't fat...not the case. Unhappiness in certain situations can come regardless of our size!  Can totally relate.  I'm glad you felt you were able to share this here.  I have found so much help here in a short amount of time!

Most Active