depressed

robinespeland
on 5/22/11 8:21 am - OR
Lisa-

Wow, you are always there for me....Thank you so much. I am seriously thinking about coming up to the conference, I thought it was the 15th of July, and we have a close friend getting married that day. But if it is th 16th I probably could drive up there early in the morning. How do I register?

As far as seeing my sergeon, it's been a long time. He is about a 4 hour drive, and I don't have insurance, so the 2 things have made that part difficult.

thanks again for responding to my post you are a very dear person, and I'm glad to have you as my friend.

Lisa O.
on 5/22/11 9:17 am - Snoqualmie, WA
The conference is on the 15th and 16th, but the 15th is a half day and not that interesting.  My group is primarily going on Saturday.  That's when most of the events and break-out-sessions are.  Go to MY OH here at the top of the page and click on events.  Select the WA/Bellevue event and follow the instructions to register.  Remember to use my SG leader code for the discount, O'LearyWA11.

We were just talking about all the fill centers popping up around this area and across the country  They are a great way to get a fill when you don't have easy access to your surgeon or if you had surgery in Mexico.  Google Fill Center, lap band, OR and see what pops up.

You know you need that tool in good working order to reach your goal.  Figure out how to get a fill and start with the basic band rules.  You can do this, Robin!  I know you can.

If you come up for the conference plan to spend the night so you can come to the party at my house on Sunday.  The hotel where they are holding the event has special rates too!

I hope we finally get to meet soon!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

robinespeland
on 5/22/11 9:58 am - OR
I guess I was confused by the first e-mail, or maybe the 2nd one, lol. If you guys are going on Saturday, it probably wont work for me as that is the day of the wedding. Can you clarify for me the day that you will be going?

robinespeland
on 5/22/11 10:01 am - OR
Hey Lisa, don't mind my last message, I just looked at the calendar. I guess my friend is getting married on the 16th (Saturday) So I won't be able to come after all. That is relly bummer, I was looking forward to it. :O(

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 11:42 pm - Mayville, NJ
 Wow thanks for your openness. This was the perfect post to read first thing in the morning. I'm glad you're here. Tomorrow is gone. Today is right in front of us. These are some great thoughts tossed out this morning to you, so if you don't mind, Im gonna swipe a few and use them for myself, too :)

Welcome back, and its good to meet you.
robinespeland
on 5/22/11 8:15 am - OR
Hi Chrissy-

This fourm used to be my life. It really did help me a lot. I'm glad, you are getting some inspiration from the responses to my first blog. You will see me on here more as I really need the help. It was good to meet you too~

Stephanie M.
on 5/21/11 2:43 am
Hi Robin!  I just read your profile and blog and see what you have been dealing with.  A slip, a 4cc band with way too much fill is enough to cause anyone to develop maladaptive eating habits.  Now that your band is filled properly (I am assuming) it is time to develop good band habits.  Jean Mc Millan's book Bandwagon is a great resource for anyone who is trying to get back to good habits or trying to develop them for the outset.
To start, eating dense protein at every meal first, limiting carbs to whole grains and getting in low glycemic fruits and veggies is the key.
Eating 3-4 times per day, getting in at least 64 oz of water per day (no liquid calories)...don't skip breakfast. 
Meet with your nutritionist and bariatric doctor to get back on track too...see if you need an adjustment...even a tiny bit can make a huge difference.
We are all here to support you!
Let us know what you need...
Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

robinespeland
on 5/22/11 8:12 am - OR
Steph-
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and give me advice. I am having a good day today so far and trying to push the water I have a glass in my hand as we "speak" I'm glad you reminded me about Jean's book, I am going to check on Amaon when I am done here.

thanks again.

mary101678
on 5/21/11 10:34 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Hi!
Have you started seeing a nutrtionist yet?
I had trouble losing due to no exercise, too many hours at work and studying for a Master's Degree. Now that classes are over, I am back in the swing. My surgeon told me to get back to the nutritionist for better results, (Only donw 1 lb in 4 weeks)
Now I am back on track and at my first nutrition weigh in, I lost 5 lbs since my last weigh in!
I am going to the Y pool several nights a week, and doing Leslie Sansone's walking tapes when I can.
I'd love to lose 10 lbs before classes start up again in July!

Check in on the boards, there is a lot of support here!

Good luck!

Cheers, Mary

robinespeland
on 5/22/11 8:09 am - OR
Mary,

Thanks for the words of encouragment. I don't have a nut, never really have....But I do have new insurance,I should check to see if it is covered.

Most Active