When the honey moon is over

steelerfan1
on 4/15/12 11:09 pm
Hilo

sorry I didnt see your post I dont get on that much during the weekends .

Emotional eating is the hardest and I dont think any WLS will cure that or from all the people I have heard from support group with the different surgeries it dont.

It's been that way for me the last several months over money and then taxe**** us and that was even worse so I know what you are going through.

All you can do is take it one day at a time and keep things around the house that if you have to eat , eat something good.  I keep a bowl full of fruit, Greek yogurt around just for them cases .  Better to eat on that stuff then other things .

I dont think you have worn the band out but from the sounds of it you haven't given it 100% either. It has to work both ways . The band will do it's job if you do yours ( in most cases).

You are just going to have to make yourself to get up and exercise. No matter what.  Find something you enjoy and it makes it easier.  I have a terrific Zumba teacher. He makes me want to go to class because he makes it fun and fresh . I go two days a week right now getting ready to start three next month after my bowling is over with.   Even when I dont want to go I still go and end up enjoying myself :o) .   I started to go on walks every morning for a mile at least and hopefully going to bump that up.

You can get back on track but till you honestly want it for yourself then its not going to work. You have to want to commit to it,.  You know you are eating around the band only you can stop that .  No WLS will cure that you can eat and will eat around any WLS why do you think every WLS out there people gain their weight back because they find the way to eat around the surgery .  No other surgery will cure emotional eating either.

Maybe you need to find somebody to talk to as to why you eat when you do . 

Good luck !
HLo
on 4/15/12 10:15 pm
Wow, now I'm starting to remember why I use this board less and less.  It's become pretty useless.

Jo 1962
on 4/15/12 11:39 pm - NearHouston, TX
 Wow. What a vague and passive-aggressive comment.  There was a mass exodus recently so traffic has slowed down.  There are still good vets around and I think you just slammed one.  What gives?

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

steelerfan1
on 4/15/12 11:48 pm
Jo,

I just sent you a PM hope you get it , have a question for you
HLo
on 4/18/12 7:12 am
Hi Steelerfan 1... Thank you for your response... my other reply must have crossed yours because I went temporarily insane when the first response I saw was someone suggesting DEXATRIM... Sorry... I just get irate when I hear anyone on here suggest any type of diet drug/pill as a "temporary" fix or whatever it is to get me over the hump... been a long damned hump I tell you that.  Anyway... That's what my rude response was to Jo... not the incredibly helpful one from Steelerfan1.  Thank you for that and sorry if I upset anyone else.

I didn't get a band so I could take diet pills that dont work.  Remember, most of us who have a band have done IT ALL and it didnt work.  I'm not looking to go back to any of that.  I just have to get back to the basics with this band and start making it work for me again.  Get out of my own head about things and stop letting it control my eating/exercise habits.

Anyway... I dont come on here daily and saw responses in my email that I had missed and just wanted to thank you for responding, it was very helpful and my other response that was not so nice was not directed at you at all... I didn't even see yours until just now.

Most Active