You'll never believe this; discouraging doctor!!!

NunnOther
on 4/15/12 12:39 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
Thank you!! 

twoxover
on 4/14/12 10:05 pm - waterford, NJ
I would absolutely bring it to the attention of your surgeon and the owner of the practice (which may or may not be your surgeon!).  I would even consider that once i have calmed down a bit....detailing it out in a letter, and expressing your dissapointment in the non supportive environment.

YOU are going to rock this, OK?  Pity the haters, YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK THIS!!!
Betsey

NunnOther
on 4/15/12 12:39 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
Thank you, so much!   I feel stronger today, and I'm positive once again.... 

JazzysGirl
on 4/15/12 1:19 pm - North, GA
 Hey Nunn,

You have what it takes to succeed.  This Dr had no right sounding off as he did.  I am glad for you that you came to the board to vent instead of internalizing the hurt.

If I were you, I would make sure I documented what transpired and send a certified letter to my surgeon with a request that the letter be added to my medical record.  He needs to know what he is  subjecting his patients to when he trusts his patients care to this other Dr. 

Wishing you continued success.

All the best-

Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

faithgirl140
on 4/16/12 3:29 am
Wow girl! So sorry! Do everything they mentioned and we will help you with the weight loss. You will have to go by the rules and exercise everyday. You can do this! Hugs Renea

Tom C.
on 4/16/12 6:41 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I wish this wasn’t a family sight, or I would tell you how I really feel about him.

My advice (A) look on OH for another Doctor and go see if they will take you on (B) Go and let his partner know about his attitude and why you are leaving (C) Go on this board, look for the Doctor and write a review (D) always keep what he said in your mind, and then set out to prove him wrong. In 3-4-5-6-10 years make sure you take a picture of yourself and send it to him with his quote, and sign it “LOVE PROVING YOU WRONG!!!" ..

Take it for what it’s worth, but I know you WILL BE SUCCESSFUL, and have no doubt you will prove this *@^!$%!#$#@$#&(#)@!)!))@)#))#)!)!)!)&$%%!%! WRONG!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
NunnOther
on 4/18/12 10:27 pm - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
Thank you, Tom!   I've already found another surgeon, and I'm working to move to her soon after I speak with my surgeon in person on Friday. 

adorkbl
on 4/16/12 7:10 am
I am really sorry you had that experience!! That is uncalled for. But DO NOT let is discourage you. In the future, just decline to be seen by him if you can and stick with your original surgeon. Bedside manner means A LOT to me. I LOVE my new surgeon because he has the best bedside manner EVER. I never feel rushed, he listens, answers questions, and never ever judges. Sometimes I wait a long time, as he frequently runs behind schedule, but that is because he spends so much time with his patients.

Anyway, I digress. I am sorry for your expereince. I hope you won't have to deal with him again. There is a difference between brutal honesty and rudeness.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Most Active