Band Vets: Why???

MARIA F.
on 9/4/12 12:53 pm - Athens, GA

Thanks for the response Nana.

FormerlyFluffy.com

brock2006
on 9/4/12 11:24 am
6 years out.  And losing now at a good clip!
MARIA F.
on 9/4/12 12:41 pm - Athens, GA
On September 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM Pacific Time, brock2006 wrote:
6 years out.  And losing now at a good clip!

But at 6 years shouldn't u be at goal by now? Why hasn't it really worked for you in 6 years???

FormerlyFluffy.com

brock2006
on 9/5/12 7:00 am
I was at goal.  I re-gained, through no fault of the band.  It was sheer OWNER COMPLACENCY.  I have no doubt in my mind that if I still played by the rules, didn't get lazy and eat like a fat guy again, I would still be at goal today.
steelerfan1
on 9/5/12 7:27 am
Maria,

It dont matter how long you have had any WLS you wont be at goal if you dont follow the rules . 

1.  What foods we eat

2. Exercise

3.   How much we eat.

.   When you get further out from the surgery the excitement is gone, you find ways to eat around the band, the sleeve, the RNY and before you know it the weight creeps back up on you .

I haven't been to a WLS meeting in a long time I went last week and they had all three types there Sleeve, band, and RNY and at least one person from each of them surgeries has gained weight and trying to lose it again .

No WLS is going to keep the weight off you , if you dont follow the rules.    Even if you eat smaller portions the types of food you eat , you can still gain weight back been there done that .  I didn't over eat on anything but I sure wasn't making the right choices and then comes 10 pounds back on me .  It's not the surgery's fault it's my fault of picking them foods up and putting them in my mouth .

My friend has had  2 weight loss surgeries now and has been unsuccessful at both of them.  She had RNY gained 100 pounds back  had BOB done and has gained what she lost again .  It's not she is eating big portions but it's what she eats and drinks .  Cant blame the WLS on that it's all her fault .
Bette B.
on 9/4/12 7:45 pm
 Hey! Are you finally back in the game?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

brock2006
on 9/5/12 6:58 am
Down 11.6 pounds in the past few months.
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 1:55 pm
when mine no longer worked & at goal - i made a change.

i don't / haven't ever put out false hopes  /  old photos of success  / or slammed any other surgery.

people want to cling onto the bill of goods they were sold - there is no guarantee, but the scale does provide one measurable of success, and the band only does it for so long.....
bagelface
on 9/6/12 4:14 pm
VSG on 08/22/12
On September 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM Pacific Time, redbabe08 wrote:
when mine no longer worked & at goal - i made a change.

i don't / haven't ever put out false hopes  /  old photos of success  / or slammed any other surgery.

people want to cling onto the bill of goods they were sold - there is no guarantee, but the scale does provide one measurable of success, and the band only does it for so long.....
 I fully agree with Redbabe.  I wish that everyone would fully understand that bands are removable NOT reversible.  When they do stop working there is a pretty good chance that the changes that bands cause internally will not be good ones.  For example adhesions to the liver. 
Most Active