I'm band free!

pineview01
on 2/21/14 9:07 am - Davison, MI

Hislady I have been AWOL and didn't even realize you were finally getting your band removed.  I am so happy to hear this great news.  You have been such a steady helpful presence and I so want to be here for you.

Big hug and take care of yourself!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 2/21/14 12:12 pm - Vancouver, WA

Thanks Piney I was hoping it would stop the pain I've had in my stomach area but alas I think it is refered pain from a back injury and I also thought it would help my swallowing but that too hasn' improved a whole lot so don't know how much it helped but I just couldn't deal with it anymore. At least I did come up with a medical issue that may get the insurance to cover it. I didn't even care if they would I just had to get it out, what are they gonna do reposess it? I just pray that it will be covered!

pineview01
on 2/27/14 2:04 am - Davison, MI

Hislady!  Relax it still may come around.  I had the same thoughts, the band had to come out even if I didn't get the go a head to be sleeved.  All the pain didn't stop over night.  I was a couple months out before I realized that swallowing was much better and almost all the pain was gone.  The two surgeons make you wait two months to heal.  But, they left and the third surgeon that did mine wanted me to wait 4-6 months to heal.  I went in at 4.5 months.  If I had to wait the whole 6 months I would have been disappointed but would have realized it was for the best.

Even after 4.5 months and the first surgeon repairing all he could at removal, the surgeon doing the sleeve still had to spend the first 45 minutes "straightening up" stomach to get it ready for the sleeve. 

I was so happy that the surgeons took photos and documented all problems in the surgery noted so I had them to fight and win with the insurance. I was easily able to show the band caused the medical problems and that I was totally compliant.

Good luck and take care.  Every day you should find yourself feeling better.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Karen D.
on 2/25/14 9:24 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Congratulations.  I've not been on much and didn't realize you were having it out!  Good luck to you.

crazymom219
on 2/26/14 3:10 am - Ridgecrest, CA

I can't stand my lap band and I trying now to get removed.  I have been coughing/throwing up and losing my voice since November.  I am having scope done on 17th.  I had my lap band put in while I live in Texas and then moved to California and in less than a year I had to have my gall bladder removed, well while in surgery the surgeon "accidentally" cut my lap band and had to have repaired...since then never the same and never got filled.  I just want this thing out of me.  So glad your surgery went well and you feel better!!!

Most Active