Lap Band Slippage

bavariangirl
on 7/23/14 6:01 am - Clarksville , TN

thank you. i will sure let you know how it went. from what they told me today my old band will be removed and replaced with a new one :) if it all goes well i will be home on friday :)

margo_cooper
on 7/23/14 3:33 pm

I had a slippage on July 4,2014 my band was removed by another doctor not my doctor I'm so mad I had my band for 7 years I asked the other doctor could they replace my band he said that no insurance company would cover me because my BMI was at 25 my regular doctor is on vacation  and I can't wait for him to return so we can talk I want my band back or give me the sleeve.

ladygodiva1228
on 7/24/14 5:17 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Why did that doctor remove your band and not reposition it?   That really sucks and I am not a fan of the band due to issues I am having with it, but still that is not right.  Did that doctor say it had to be removed or did he say it would be fixed? 

You may end up having to self-pay for a new band or the sleeve.  Unfortunately insurance companies won't cover someone with that low of a BMI.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

margo_cooper
on 7/24/14 7:24 am

I know you are right but I'm going to fight to the end

bavariangirl
on 7/29/14 6:04 am - Clarksville , TN

i am really sorry to hear that u lost your band. mine was replaced with a new one.my BMI is at 30 right now and hopefully now i can go back to start loosing weight again. in germany they say if the band fails the sleeve will fail as well. not too sure how they do it here in the usa . good luck to you though. 

monymony
on 7/24/14 12:44 am

Hi, I had a band slip in 2003. Mine was severe because I couldn't swallow my spit. The pain was awful. Once it was fixed. I haven't had any problems since. You will feel so much better after it is fixed. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

pineview01
on 7/26/14 1:32 pm - Davison, MI

You were lucky Mona!  Many have a second slip after having one fixed.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

bavariangirl
on 7/29/14 6:13 am - Clarksville , TN

i am back home from the hospital and i had severe pain for the first 3 days. i remember when i first got my lapband in 2006 i had no pain at all. i woke up and i was hungry and i was feeling great that i could have returned to work the same day. i was feeling sick in my stomach, severe shoulder pain, severe pain where my 8 cuts are and so on. i never ever felt so horrible before in my life like i did last thursday after the surgery. 

i guess because it was like 2 surgeries in one. first removing the old band. then placing a new one and a new port . since yesterday i am able to get up without any help and i can stay up and walk around for like 15 minutes already. i have to stay on a liquid diet for 2 weeks now and then after that i can eat soft foods for another 4 weeks and then slowly back to normal solid foods. 

when i first got my surgery in 2006 i was 240 pounds. lost 90 pounds until september 2009 and my lowest at the time was 153 pounds. after a bronchitis and having to take antibiotics it was never the same anymore. right now i am back at 207 pounds :( i really want to reach my new goal which is 165 pounds within the next 9 months :)

Most Active