Heading for revision...... Band to Bypass

Kazzy2
on 7/13/16 4:13 pm

Hello!  

If you go to the top of the screen you will see a little settings button (cog wheel/flower looking thing?) click there, then choose the "my friends" then you will see invite or accept, me invite to you should be under the accept heading - click on that and we should be good to go!

Excited?  Not long now!! 

Kazzy2

Brash1
on 7/23/16 2:43 am

Hi! I just started the process for a revision. I met with my surgeon yesterday and the ball is rolling. I will get all necessary appointments done by October 13. Hopefully my surgery date is shortly after that. I am so ready. I was banded is 2007 has some success but have struggled the past 4.5 years. Best of luck.

Kazzy2
on 7/29/16 12:53 pm, edited 7/29/16 5:55 am

Hi Brash1,

Aw you must be so excited, I know I was.  And you know I am now 11 days out from surgery and not missing my band at all!  I can do things like bend over to tie my shoes without the port digging in and causing pain, sleep on my Left side - no way could I do that before, and being able to go okay I am having a meal and not have to start drinking to make things ok to receive anything.... You will love the new freedom that is for sure.  All the little things we have been putting up with for years that become part of your life... 

And the good news the weight has been coming off too - Week 1 I lost 4.6kg (10lbs)!  holy guccamole!  I am wanting to lose 30 kilos (68lbs) this time round so that I thought was a huge loss week one, although I only had to do 1 week preop so had only lost 2kg before surgery.

Feeling good, out and about, back to work on Tuesday mornings only for that week, have been working from home last week.  Looking forward to moving to real food, but no hunger, just have to remember to eat.  I found it easier being banded we already know the eat and drink rules.

Keep me updated on your progress as you move towards your date!

Yahooo

Kazzy2

Deirdre1472
on 7/28/16 7:11 am

I am in the process of having my band converted to bypass.  Last night was torture.  It was so gassy around my port and I couldn't lay on my left side to go to sleep.  I felt terrible and couldn't go to sleep.  My left side is still uncomfortable.  The port is driving me crazy, the vomiting is torture, the reflux, the aspirating is gross, and the weight loss was non existent.  I pray the insurance company approves a revision for me.  

Good look with your recovery please keep us updated.  

Kazzy2
on 7/29/16 12:58 pm

Hi Deidre

Sounds ghastly, I went and had a lot of saline removed from my band when that started happening - eased it a little (the reflux and aspirating/choking at night).  I knew my bypass was coming so thought it be ok, managed to lose1kg after removing fluid after not losing for months...

You will feel so much better with the port out that's for sure.  I answered above to Brash with my progress - doing great so far so good!

Hope you get sorted soon.  I was self pay but so worth it!

Nic M
on 7/28/16 9:40 am

I am wishing every one of you the very best. I hope those of you who need revision surgery will get it and all will go well. And those of you who simply want your bands removed, good luck to you, too.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! You help others who are going through similar things. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

annjones
on 8/23/16 2:31 pm - Kansas City, KS
RNY on 02/13/17

Your not alone!  We go on this journey because we care about our health.  We all thought it through and researched, chose the band because it was lest invasive/removable etc.

We just gave medicine 10 more years to perfect the RNY for us :)  At least we got our diet down....

Ann Jones
HW-304/SW-295/CW-226/GW-200

RNY Surgery 2/13/2017
12/23/08 Band Date - Removal Date 08/15/16

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/16 6:02 am

I've been banded for two years and never really saw any significant weight loss and have, in fact, gained weight on the band.  Just like you, I'm scheduled for revision surgery next month, but for me it will be the duodenal switch.  I'm scared but hoping this is the last surgery I will need to successfully control my weight. 

Most Active