My major FART.................................................

Paul_R
on 1/13/07 1:43 am - Astoria, NY
Hey everyone, I know I don't post very often but I do log on everyday and keep up to date and ready to offer any help I can. Well, 2 days ago on my 4 month anniversary I stepped on the scale and "BAM" I hit 100lbs lost since my surgery and 140lbs total since I started this GREAT journey back in July. I am now down to a weight were most people start the WLS trip and I feel GGGGRRREEEAAATTTTT. I still have a ways to go but it's only going to get easier. Thanks to everyone on here for the inspiration to get through the hardest part which was the unknown. To all the pre-op and fence sitters out there, this is the BEST gift you can give yourself. (even my bagpipe playing has improved) .............................................................................................Paul
Paul Gubrud
on 1/13/07 5:50 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Paul, Congratulations on your first century mark. It feels pretty good doesn't it? Doing it in four months is remarkable. As every day goes by I'm sure you feel better both mentally and physically and have more energy to do the things that you've wanted to do for years. At least that's the way I feel and I'm guessing you are no different. Life definitely gets better every day. Keep up the good work, and play "Auld Lang Syne" on the pipes to say goodbye to the pounds that are gone forever. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
wjoegreen
on 1/13/07 11:42 am - Colonial Heights, VA
That is huge guy! Great job on such an exciting milestone. I was struck numb whe I hit 100,. It was allmost unbelievable,..inconceivable to me. I am happy for yuo and your great attitude of just getting started good. I hope you will post more often and share some of your successes and WOW/FART moments to inspire the rest of us. We all benefit. I know I do. Thanks for taking the time to share your accomplishment. Joe
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/07 4:01 pm - Eagle River, AK
Paul, Congrats! You're a piper?! I so want to learn to play the bagpipes... - Bob
Paul_R
on 1/14/07 1:34 pm - Astoria, NY
Thanks guys for all the good words. Bob, GO FOR IT!!!!!! you will not regret it but keep in mind it, it might seem impossible in the beginning but it gets easier. My one piece of advice is before you spend money on anything GET YOURSELF AN INSTRUCTOR!!!!!! A lot of people make the mistake of going at it alone and besides getting frustrated they also wind up spending / wasting their money. (I speak from experience) Don't even think about buying a set of bagpipes until you have had at least 4 - 6 months of regular weekly instruction. If you get an instructor now he might even have a practice chanter for to borrow and use until your sure you want to make the commitment. Anyway whatever you decide, keep me informed and let me know if you need any help, I can even find you a good instructor near you. (I found an instructor for someone in Chile). ..........................................Paul
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views