Tomorrow is the day

SelfPay
on 5/11/11 9:30 am
Gentlemen,
Tomorrow at 6AM I report to the hospital for my RNY.  By noon or so, I expect to join your happy lot and begin my new life and the many changes to come which I will embrace. 

I want to thanks the men here and, the men and women on the "Over 50" forum for allowing me to read your educational posts. Frankly, thanks to the forum members that post on the main forum too.  It's really helped.  
Cheers!
cabin111
on 5/11/11 10:20 am
A few last little things.  In a few minutes you'll be taking the poop juice (you may want to drink it in ice water).  Really that was the worse part of the whole procedure.  The pain near your belly button is the incision where they put the camera, that is why that one hurts more.  Don't worry about not getting in all your liquid or protein...Just do your best and you should be fine...sip sip sip.  Yes, it's hard to find a protein shake you like.  Just try and stomach (pouch) the one you have and look for another one later.  It is good if you can have some RNY people visit you at home once you're home for a few days.  At home sleep when and where you can...floor, couch, recliner, bed...Use pillows in creative ways.  It's hard to get a good night sleep at the hospital...They are waking you at all hours.  Ask questions at all hours on OH.  I've found you will get alot of answers (maybe not great answers) real quick.  If your nose starts to run or you get the hiccups...Stop eating.  That's the way the pouch lets you know it's full.  Test all new foods at home...Test the food...Ask they pouch if it's ok to proceed...Then proceed with caution.  Enjoy the ride!!  Brian
OneFinger
on 5/11/11 3:05 pm
Ditto to Brian's great post.

Best of luck with the surgery and check in here often.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
ShrinkingJoe
on 5/13/11 6:39 am
Jeffery:

Go in there and kick butt.  RNY is quite a ride!  May you have great success!

-Joe
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 49 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday